• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Keyboard?

SwiftKey with ease. The predictions are great, accurate and very responsive, the only negative things I would say would be, is that it's annoying when you have to type a word that it doesn't recognise such as (maybe) a joke you and your friends have. In that situation you would have to type it in, then click it in the suggestion.

Actually, I do it the other way. I turn off auto-correct. If I hit space, then it accepts what I typed as what I want to type. I normally select the word in the suggestion bar if it is a fairly common word.

Upvote 0
After sticking with SlideIT for 3 (I think) months now, I've switched back to Swype, but this time got the official Play Store version instead of the beta.

No other keyboard seems to be as accurate at reading my swipes. I'd love if it had arrow keys as an option but that's no longer enough of a deal breaker to stay away. SlideIT and Swiftkey just don't compare when it comes to gesture typing.

Upvote 0
I like Swype. Some people here have made seemingly unjustified complaints about Swype.

1) Swype DOES has a full editing keyboard (with arrows, copy, paste, go-to-end-of-line, etc.) Just swipe from the Swype key to the "SYM" key to make the editing keyboard appear.

2) Swype's text-prediction, is COMPLETELY customizable with two different slider-bars; one for speed/accuracy and one for intrusiveness. Adjust it until it suits your taste.

Reactions: umataro42
Upvote 0
I like Swype. Some people here have made seemingly unjustified complaints about Swype.

1) Swype DOES has a full editing keyboard (with arrows, copy, paste, go-to-end-of-line, etc.) Just swipe from the Swype key to the "SYM" key to make the editing keyboard appear.

Thanks! I didn't know about that, and now Swype is even more better than the other options.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones