Best KeyboardGeneral

1. HoochieCoo

HoochieCoo Well-Known Member

I'm new to Android and think it's pretty freaking awesome we can replace the keyboard.

I thought the HTC keyboard was ok. I ended up buying swiftkey because I liked it so much. I played around with swype in a Verizon store today, and could see myself liking that... maybe. Hard to say by just playing with it for 10 minutes. I will probably try some of the others just for kicks.
  2. freddyttt

freddyttt Well-Known Member

Ultra for me....
    Nunley likes this.
  3. Evil Sports

Evil Sports Well-Known Member

Been swyping since eris, Im sold
  4. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

The new swype beta installs on my phone but when i try and use it it tells me that its not made for my device and it wont work.
  5. ju1c3

ju1c3 Well-Known Member

that site is win
  6. MrBigFeathers

MrBigFeathers Well-Known Member

SwiftKey for me
  7. jager1313

jager1313 Member

8pen is a cool idea, but i find myself having to constantly look down at the next letter im going to type. Then my fat finger gets in the way of see all 4 quadrants...

Swype all the way.

SwiftKey, for when swype crashes...
  8. migeeman

migeeman Member

I have the following keyboards installed on my phone; smart keyboard, swype, shapewriter, swift keyboard and the 2 stock keyboards that were included on Sky Raider ROM. Why do I have 6 keyboards? I like options and I usually rotate between them every few days. My favorite at the moment is Shapewriter.
  9. Stupifier

Stupifier Well-Known Member

10. TheLurg1687

TheLurg1687 Well-Known Member

I have been using The SwiftKey Trial, and it is alright. I like most of it, especially prediction, but the layout (aka the blocky letters) make me want to go back to the stock Sense keyboard..
  11. Tamasabian

Tamasabian Well-Known Member

ShapeWriter! It's not available on the market anymore but you can find the .apk on XDA if you want it.
  12. nicksender

nicksender Member

I currently am using Swype. I loved it when I first got, but the new car smell has worn off some. The pop-up tips toolbar is annoying and comes up every time I text. There is no way to disable this and the developer's said it's a low priority fix, just like making Swype available to everyone on the Incredible. I might look into some of the other Swype-esque options mentioned.
  13. amarryat

amarryat Well-Known Member

If you can get Shapewriter, I preferred that to Swype and currently have it installed. Loved it for a while, but then installed Swiftkey and rarely switch back.
  14. Wotan

Wotan Active Member

I've used ShapeWriter for months and love it, except for the lack of a MIC button.

Are there any Swype/Shapewriter/SlideIT keyboards that have a MIC button?
  15. gadzooks64

gadzooks64 Well-Known Member

I loved Shapewriter but it hasn't been updated since it was purchased and removed from the marketplace.

I am using Ultra Keyboard - it has a voice command button. It can be overwhelming at first because it is so customizable but once you figure out what it can do I think you will be impressed.

I paid for SlideIt but I think Ultra Keyboard is actually a much better deal that SlideIt - cheaper and much easier to use.
  16. Meefle

Meefle Member

I personally love Swype. It's fast, efficient, and customizable to your style of "swyping"
  17. Stephanie1

Stephanie1 Active Member

do we need to be rooted to use this link?
  18. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Compact qwerty built in, ftw!
  19. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Well-Known Member Contributor

i regularly use swype
    i tried swift and 8pen but i always find my self going back to swype
  20. accohn12

accohn12 Well-Known Member

I love Swype but I can't stand the fact that you can't delete words permanently out of the dictionary. When I try to type "can", "c&n" pops up, and I can't delete it permanently. I've read that this is a bug, but it's been like this for some time.
  21. dgshaffer

dgshaffer Member

Another Swiftkey user here. Rarely do I ever type a sentence anymore, it seems to know what I'm thinking at times.
  22. accohn12

accohn12 Well-Known Member

Anyone know of an update/fix to my post from above (11/23)? I love the idea of Swype, but I'm growing increasingly frustrated w/ the fact that you can't delete words. Going back to the default keyboard doesn't excite me either.
  23. REYES

REYES Well-Known Member

Just use Gimpsta.jet or whatever it is and create your own custom keyboard. At least if yu hate the keyboard you cann hate it while it is easy on the eyes.
  24. BoulderAndroidFan

BoulderAndroidFan Well-Known Member

To delete a word, highlight only the word then tap on the swype key to get the removal dialog.
  25. WBMc36

WBMc36 Well-Known Member

Nexus s keyboard
    then Droid 2
    then stock for incredible is how I rank it
    Each have great features aalthough as I type right nowci am getting major lag with the nexus keyboard. First time I have ever experienced it and it might be because of the browser