Best lag fix?Support

Last Updated:

1. Anomaliez

Anomaliez New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone, I just received my Bell Mobility SGS today. I see that there are numerous different lag fixes available, and I was just wondering which is the easiest/best one to use?

Advertisement
  2. vikingisson

vikingisson Well-Known Member

Best lag fix is one you don't have to apply.
    highly suggest not doing one this soon as a proper update is scheduled "any day now". I've had mine for a while and currently run what will likely be the 2.2 upgrade, no lag fix required.

3. Anomaliez

Anomaliez New Member This Topic's Starter

Alright I suppose you're right, I believe Bell will be rolling out the 2.2 update sometime this winter. I should probably just wait until then. Thank you! :)

4. vikingisson

They *say* it will be in early December but who knows, it has been delayed several times already. If you aren't familiar with hacking android then I say wait and if they delay again then bitch at them because there is a lot more wrong than just lag. If you are already android familiar and have played with flashing then there are at least two ROMs out there specifically for this Bell version that fixes most of the problems. I suffered for too long and have flashed mine but for most I'd say wait and see what they do in the next few weeks.

But here's one thing to make sure of in the meantime. Check if your device has the '3 button bootup mode'. Hold the volume up, the Home key, and the power button at the same time, let go of power when you see the logo. You should end up at a recovery screen. If you can't get that to work then take it back for a swap. It should work as you just got yours but you need to be sure that you didn't get a recycled early batch phone. That mode is a must no matter what they tell you.

5. webstar

webstar Member

Where did you get info about a proper update? I somehow doubt that an update like that will EVER be released with samsung's support as it is now. :D Though, it'd be awesome if samsung would really do it. I'm currently using voodoo snapshot, and my sgs is smoother than ever.

6. vikingisson

What do you mean? The official update is coming sooner or later, it has to. The dev roms are based on leaked and beta official roms.