1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Best Launcher for HOX?Support

1. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

Hey ya'll,

So sense is driving me a little bit crazy. I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on what the best launcher available in google play is/how to disable sense after I install and set it up (if I don't want to root, which i don't really want to).

Also, is there any easy way to swap out the lock screen without rooting?

I know these are very broad questions so any opinion you have would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Take a look at Apex or Nova for your launcher. My preference is Apex, but there's nothing wrong with Nova either.

You can't remove Sense completely without root though.

For your lockscreen, the best app is probably widget locker. There are others, but that's really the most customisable.
    GuitarG20 likes this.
  3. GuitarG20

Okay, but is there a way to prevent it from running that you know of?
  4. El Presidente

It's ever present unfortunately. The best you can do is remove all widgets from sense homescreens and replace with an alternative I'm afraid.
  5. tyneusch

tyneusch Well-Known Member

I use GoLauncher and the accompanied GoLocker. As El Presidente said, unless you root, there is no way to get completely rid of sense. Once you install another launcher it will ask you to choose which launcher (sense or what ever else you install) you want to use but again, sense will always be in the background.
  6. GuitarG20

ugh fair enough. I wish there was a way to just force stop it and keep it from running.
  7. prakhardeep

prakhardeep Active Member

Why do you want to stop it from running? Just install Apex and set it as default launcher.

You won't come to know sense is running.

BTW, with sense 4.1, sense is as fluid as Apex/Nova.
  8. shauny13

shauny13 Well-Known Member

I must say i used go for a long time before switching to apex. It's smoother and faster imo.
  9. GuitarG20

Less resources used = better battery life and better multitasking. although having sense running as well in the background hasn't really been an issue yet, thankfully.
  10. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Using Apex and its flawless.
  11. GuitarG20

that's what i ended up picking, and it's been amazing so far, except for the fact that I haven't found a clock widget I love yet.
  12. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Beautiful Widgets works good.

[​IMG]
  13. El Presidente

Beautiful Widgets is cheap at the moment, you'll probably find something you like in that.

Also have a look at HD Widgets, there's some nice options there too.

If you fancy something different, Bobclock d3, clockr or minimalistic text are with a go.
    GuitarG20 likes this.
  14. GuitarG20

I installed beautiful widgets, but I don't see any new widgets installed

EDIT nevermind, ignore me.
  15. Wattsy

Wattsy Well-Known Member

Hey Guitar i'm another using Apex. Find it easy to use and makes my screens look awesome (in my opinion anyway :))
    I also incorporate HD widgets and Simple text into the mix.
    GuitarG20 likes this.
  16. Maseroche

Maseroche Member

I used Nova before the recent update to Sense 4.1 and I was very impressed with it.
  17. MsvSpaz

MsvSpaz Member

What skins are you using for that widget. I am trying to replicate it, but am getting a dodgy looking replica.
  18. Wide_opeN

Wide_opeN Member

How do you get Android to give you a choice of launcher again, if you've selected use this action by default?!

Ex. I selected Sense for default but want to play around with other launchers currently.
  19. coos lick

coos lick Well-Known Member

You could use one of the default home switcher apps from the play store.

(I know you can go through settings, but I find an app easier)
  20. mkilci1

mkilci1 Well-Known Member

What theme is it that giving you text looking icons in the dock?
  21. El Presidente

Simple Text is what I use for text as icons. Not sure if that's what's used in the screenshot, there are a few on the market.
  22. GuitarG20

when you open another launcher (they appear as apps) the launcher settings should give you an option to clear defaults or select that launcher as default. I know that is the case in apex at least.