Best launcher for replacing your UI.

What is the best launcher from the choices below?

Poll closed Feb 12, 2012.
  1. Adw launcher (EX)

1 vote(s)
  2. Go launcher ex

13 vote(s)
  3. LauncherPro (Plus)

1 vote(s)
  4. Other

2 vote(s)

Last Updated:

1. asteepleton4

asteepleton4 Member

What is the best launcher that you use and why? I personally use go launcher Ex and I love it. Have had it installed for three months. Still finding cool customizations in it.

2. Verbosity

Verbosity Member

I have a rooted Admire and I love my ADW launcher ex.... I started with the free version but upgraded to the pro....

The UI offers smooth scrolling, infinite looping, not to mention all of the customizable icon packs that are available... it's my personal favorite and I have been using it now for at least five months
  3. appreviews

appreviews Member

On my Phone ADW Launcher, on my Tablet SPB Shell 3d, SPB's Calendar, Post it board and Calculator widgets I use all the time on my tablet, but the layout for ADW seemed better suited on my phone.
  4. Kicksilver

Kicksilver Well-Known Member

I'll stick to the old 'n good TouchWiz 3.0, but I really like the Launcher Pro when I feel like changing the UI.
  5. mWags

mWags Member

I voted Go Launcher Ex. Very smooth on Atrix 2 w/virtually glitch free behavior. I tried ADW Launcher for awhile and preferred Go.
  6. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

GO because:
    1. You can set any font you want.
    2. All kinds of smooth transitions between screens
    3. 15 position dock
    4. Easy to change icons (any custom ones you make)
    5. Easy to kill all open apps in 1 swipe and 1 click (and lock any you don't want killed)
    6. Lots of cool themes if you're not too creative yourself
    7. Notifications add on
    8. Many other related add on apps (I only use notifications)
    Just plain fantastic:
  7. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Nova, because it's based on ICS code, and it's simple. It's like a slightly enhanced stock.
  8. Kicksilver

Just installed Zeam, and I'm really liking it so far!
  9. Italo

Italo Well-Known Member

I never liked TouchWiz, so I used 3rd party launchers up until ICS (can't customize as much, but I like the "feel" of ICS launcher). I used Zeam for a while. It didn't run so well on Froyo, so I switched to Go Launcher Ex, and stayed with it until recently. I've tried quite a few and Go is definitely one of the best.
  10. UssjTrunks

UssjTrunks Well-Known Member

Go Launcher.

It's free
    It has the most features
    It has the smoothest transitions (at least on my phone)
    It has the strongest developer/community support
  11. asteepleton4

asteepleton4 Member

What icon pack do u have dude that is sick
  12. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

No "pack". I just Google "images" with whatever I'm looking for and add "png" to increase odds of being transparent. You download a few to your gallery and try them. Or modify them (like iG was iGoogle), just cropped it off in Canvas (which preserves transparent layer). Or I've just erased the background if I couldn't find one I like (also Canvas). I also use "Smart Shortcuts" which has a lot of nice icons. Pretty much any image you'd every want is "out there".

asteepleton4 likes this.
  13. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

Keep in mind that launcherpro has been abandoned by its developer and there have been no updates in over a year.
  14. Kicksilver

What a pity, I really like Launcher Pro.

Has a great potential.
  15. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

Well, apparently he's still working on it (doing a complete recode from the ground up). But i'll believe that when i see an update. :(

Having said that, LP still works just as fine as it did a year ago.
  16. sleeco

sleeco Well-Known Member

Hi, i'm using a launcher called "Nemus" which i find very good and easy to use.
  17. Kicksilver

I'm liking Zeam more than ever now.

I love the way its beautiful, simple and quick.

O tried Go Launcher EX, but when I open the menu, it gives me a headache. Too customizable for my taste.