Best Launcher for the Fascinate

Last Updated:

1. redraptor

redraptor Well-Known Member

They both have their ups and Downs. Personally I like adw better, but that's also because i got used to adw faster. Now if launcher pro had specially designed docks(not just an overlapped image) than it would be the clear cut winner. Just like of adw had Widgets...it would be the winner. I think launcher pro gets a bit more love because it IA Tue most well known. If more people jump on adw and balance out the love...then adw could become king. One of adws other downfals is that most of the themes cost money and I believe people are scared by that when launcher pro essentially has free themes. Although I believe the themes are fully worth it. Some are generic but for the most part each one has its own style and makes the OS look different each time.

But this is simply my opinion. I switch between the two a lot but mainly stick with adw. Although right now I'm using touch wiz.

Launcher pro
    [​IMG]

Adw with theme two in blue/black
    [​IMG]

Touch wiz
    [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. sreymj

sreymj Well-Known Member

Love it. It's like you have three different devices.
  3. Kabob

Kabob Well-Known Member

I like the customization of ADW, I like the standard 1x5 dock bar on LP. If I could figure out how to get that on ADW I might switch but I've not taken the time to look into it yet.

But as it stands I typically use LP.

[​IMG]
  4. sreymj

sreymj Well-Known Member

My first screenshot shows the 1x5 dock on ADW. Is that what you are talking about? You just need to activate the secondary action buttons.
    Kabob likes this.
  5. Kabob

Kabob Well-Known Member

Ahh, thanks! Question, I see how to set apps to those two added spots in the dock bar, how can I remove assigned apps from the dockbar though?

*NVM, you just overwrite...duuuuuuuh!*

Hrm, now I do have to make a decision...

Question #2, I love how on LP you can hide apps you don't want to see, when I first DL'd ADW it mentioned some sort of similar functionality, but I can't seem to figure it out. Educate a moron anyone?
  6. Kabob

Kabob Well-Known Member

Woah, it's the coolest ADW theme ever!

[​IMG]
  7. Bearly

Bearly Well-Known Member

What's so great about ADW? LP+ has widgets which look clean and are pretty close aesthetically to Sense widgets (example: Calendar widget).

Have you guys seen the upcoming ADW version with 3D animations? Taken from Gingerbread, supposedly. Look it up online. Looks awesome.

I REALLY want MIUI to be ported to the Fascinate!
  8. Bearly

Bearly Well-Known Member

wasupwithuman:

When ROM Manager says it will reboot into CWM Recovery, does that mean you don't have to hold down the volume up/down buttons to get into Recovery? Will RM automatically get into Recovery?

Or do you still have to hold volume up/down when RM reboots the phone, so you can get into Recovery?
  9. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

ill take this one :)

rom manager can manually boot you into recovery, so you dont have to battery pull and 3 button. there is also a mod at xda that will insert reboot options into your regular power menu.
  10. Bearly

Bearly Well-Known Member

I don't know if you're quoting that based off experiences with other phones, but I just verified that ROM Manager cannot do that (not for me) with the Fascinate. Maybe it has to do with the fact that the Fascinate requires running update.zip from the stock recovery menu in order to get into CWM Recovery. I would think that, if this process were automatic (like on the Incredible), then ROM Manager could boot into CWM Recovery.

I am curious about the reboot options mod.
  11. nitsuj17

when i say boot into recovery i meant clockwork recovery from rom manager, not standard recovery...sorry

if you were refering to not being able to boot directly into clockwork....you can

the linke the reboot options is in the root section.
  12. sreymj

sreymj Well-Known Member

From the App Drawer, click settings and configure a new Catalog. You check the apps that you want to appear. Once the new catalog is selected, only the desired apps will appear in the drawer. You can always choose to show All if needed.
    Kabob likes this.
  13. Kabob

Kabob Well-Known Member

Thanks again!
  14. redraptor

redraptor Well-Known Member

Oh wow.I'm digging that one. VERY pretty. Eventhough I would never use it.
  15. Kabob

Kabob Well-Known Member

Yeah, I just did a marketplace search for "ADW Theme" and found it (a freebie). "Hand Carved ADWTheme."

I dunno how long I'll use it either, but it is quite slick.
  16. nitsuj17

for the root crowd, you can d/l the adw themes, extract them, rip out the icons, wallpapers, and (i would assume) dock images and use them with lpp...best of both worlds :D
  17. Kabob

Kabob Well-Known Member

Ooooh, now that would be slick!!!
  18. nitsuj17

i think the wallpapers for some of the adw themes are really slick. a lot of the 3rd party adw themes actually leave the wallpapers available non-root in your system on other launcher and are available when you just go to pick a wallpaper, which is very convenient :cool:
  19. andonakis

andonakis Well-Known Member

WOW! I just downloaded dxtop and it rocks. I had adw and launcherpro and i gave them both some time to feel them out. dxtop wins hands down for me. Launcherpro just gave me way to many force close situations and couldn't handle it any more. adw is awesome too, but I like dxtop so much better. Thanks for recommending I love it so far.
  20. Kabob

Kabob Well-Known Member

Really? I don't think that LP ever gave me a FC...maybe I'm just lucky though.
  21. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

I've used both and I'd say LPP has more customization options. they are both fine launchers though.
  22. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

this is one thing LPP needs to work on. They need to have a way to organize the app draw.
  23. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

TW looks and feels like an iPhone/iPod if I wanted that I'd either buy an iPhone or just open my app draw and leave it open :D oh well to each his own.
  24. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

Odd I've never used autokiller or done any tweaking to get LPP to run just hunky dory on the three phones I've had it on.

so who tried the new ADW 3D beta ? :D
  25. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

It can boot to clockwork recovery on the fascinate. Its the second option n ROM manager. It actually boots to recovery and runs the update.zip to get you into CW. I just did it