• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Launcher for the Fascinate

so who tried the new ADW 3D beta ? :D

yeah i totally fell for that. glad i didnt set it as default or that would have been a minute or two of irratation

It can boot to clockwork recovery on the fascinate. Its the second option n ROM manager. It actually boots to recovery and runs the update.zip to get you into CW. I just did it

yeah different android phones have slightly different recovery methods. the droid inc/desire/evo generation had the same nand unlock so they have the whole hboot stock recovery then clockwork.

the fascinate (and this is according to birdman) actually has a partially locked bootloader (nothing serious but caused recovery headaches for the epic crew trying to write the cdma one)

so koush had to alter the recovery slightly and include the update.zip to make clockwork possible.

oh and the droid x droid 2 btw dont have a real recovery for those that dont know. (dxers im sure do) koush wrote a seperate program to hijack the boot process and you need to actually open a "droid x bootstrapper" app click bootstrap recovery, before you can go to clockwork. (im sure you knew this piiman...this was just a general i felt like posting something post)

Upvote 0
yeah i totally fell for that. glad i didnt set it as default or that would have been a minute or two of irratation

yeah different android phones have slightly different recovery methods. the droid inc/desire/evo generation had the same nand unlock so they have the whole hboot stock recovery then clockwork.

the fascinate (and this is according to birdman) actually has a partially locked bootloader (nothing serious but caused recovery headaches for the epic crew trying to write the cdma one)

so koush had to alter the recovery slightly and include the update.zip to make clockwork possible.

oh and the droid x droid 2 btw dont have a real recovery for those that dont know. (dxers im sure do) koush wrote a seperate program to hijack the boot process and you need to actually open a "droid x bootstrapper" app click bootstrap recovery, before you can go to clockwork. (im sure you knew this piiman...this was just a general i felt like posting something post)

Actually the ADW 3d would not let you set it to default. If you selected that the launch options got greyed out.

I know getting to cw are sometimes different but I thought the guy I was resonding to said he couldn't boot to CW from RM and you most certainly can. although its really booting to recovery and then auto running the update.zip. Maybe I miss understood what he was saying.

Upvote 0
Actually the ADW 3d would not let you set it to default. If you selected that the launch options got greyed out.

I know getting to cw are sometimes different but I thought the guy I was resonding to said he couldn't boot to CW from RM and you most certainly can. although its really booting to recovery and then auto running the update.zip. Maybe I miss understood what he was saying.

ah good info

Upvote 0
I used ADW launcher with the Ubuntu theme on my Droid X before switching to LP. I like both of them, but I ended up downloading LP+ for my Fascinate and haven't looked back. It's been really responsive and quick and I just love the overall design of the whole launcher. Zeam does look interesting though. I may end up switching back to ADW to try it again in the future or perhaps I'll try Zeam out, but for now I'm completing content using LP+

Upvote 0
I used ADW launcher with the Ubuntu theme on my Droid X before switching to LP. I like both of them, but I ended up downloading LP+ for my Fascinate and haven't looked back. It's been really responsive and quick and I just love the overall design of the whole launcher. Zeam does look interesting though. I may end up switching back to ADW to try it again in the future or perhaps I'll try Zeam out, but for now I'm completing content using LP+

yeah i just cant leave lpp no matter what. its so stable, quick and customizable and the widgets are leaps and bounds ahead of the other launchers atm :D

Upvote 0
I love the lpp scrollable dock wheel the reason I mentioned the number on ADW is the default is only 2 along with a home/app button. You'll have to explain to me how you customize the dock icons on lpp besides using the ones in the lp icon pack. ADW lets you use almost any icon pack in the market.

for lpp you need to have your own icon packs...try launcherpo's own forums...tons of docks and icons :D

Upvote 0
I love the lpp scrollable dock wheel the reason I mentioned the number on ADW is the default is only 2 along with a home/app button. You'll have to explain to me how you customize the dock icons on lpp besides using the ones in the lp icon pack. ADW lets you use almost any icon pack in the market.

When you add to the dock it ask what icon and you have several options. Basically it comes down to being able to use whatever you have installed. In other words any thing you want, if you have or can get it on your phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones