• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Launcher now?

LPP, doesn't lag (like adw) and I like the scrollable dock bar as well as the LPP widgets. Its all personal preference though.

well comparing lpp vs regular adw is one thing...comparing it to ex is another ;)

even on the best performance settings lpp doesnt scroll screens as fast as ex does...now that the lpp complete rewrite is well past a month over due....starting to loose a little bit of faith in fede...and lets face the lastest incremental lpp update just kinda ripped off ex with the the transition animations...and thats about it

Upvote 0
I am another Go launcher user. Scrollable dock bar, supports scrollable widgets, light and fast with a bunch of swipe effects. I tried all of the free launchers for 2 days each and then went back to go launcher.

Just download all of them and set each one up about the same and then just tap the home button to jump from launcher to launcher and you decide which one is the best for you... Then let us know what you decide on ... Just out of curiosity

Upvote 0
I am another Go launcher user. Scrollable dock bar, supports scrollable widgets, light and fast with a bunch of swipe effects. I tried all of the free launchers for 2 days each and then went back to go launcher.

Just download all of them and set each one up about the same and then just tap the home button to jump from launcher to launcher and you decide which one is the best for you... Then let us know what you decide on ... Just out of curiosity

personally ive used about every launcher at some point...still stick with my endorsement of ex

Upvote 0
well comparing lpp vs regular adw is one thing...comparing it to ex is another ;)

even on the best performance settings lpp doesnt scroll screens as fast as ex does...now that the lpp complete rewrite is well past a month over due....starting to loose a little bit of faith in fede...and lets face the lastest incremental lpp update just kinda ripped off ex with the the transition animations...and thats about it

I apologize for not being clear but I was referring to ADWex. I set up my primary home screen just as I have it on LPP and every time I tried to swipe from one screen to the next was no where near as smooth as on LPP (I'm using Beautiful Widgets 4x2, 4 icons and a 2x2 photo frame). It just seems, at least on my phone, that LPP handles more crap on the home seen a little better than EX did.

Upvote 0
I apologize for not being clear but I was referring to ADWex. I set up my primary home screen just as I have it on LPP and every time I tried to swipe from one screen to the next was no where near as smooth as on LPP (I'm using Beautiful Widgets 4x2, 4 icons and a 2x2 photo frame). It just seems, at least on my phone, that LPP handles more crap on the home seen a little better than EX did.

you changed all the performance settings in ex and it was still worse than lpp? odd...it seems to be the exact opposite on the majority of phones

Upvote 0
Ok, you guys have been very helpful. I have tried LPP before. Didnt love it. I have been using EX for 2 days now and wow!! What a great experience. So stable and just plain amazing!!!!!
Now a new question. I have been using Handcent and noticed a slight delay when sending messages. Is that normal?
Does anyone have a different SMS suggestion?

Upvote 0
Fwiw, over the long haul, with about three months on Launcher Pro, then a few months now on ADW (not EX), I've noticed better battery life and quick, predictable response from ADW, just slightly but noticeable as compared to LP.

In both I've been using their custom themes and icon packs.

ab6uf4.jpg

Upvote 0
I just made a switch over to ADW Ex yesterday and so far it's working out great. I do have one question about it though. I have a tendency to forget that the trash can is defaulted to the top and when I try to delete something I always drag it down and end up replacing the app drawer icon. Now, I know where to go and change trash can position, but after I put the app drawer back on the dock bar, when I change themes it keeps the default app drawer icon instead of switching to the one that comes with the theme. Is there a way to change it to the app drawer icon for a given theme?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones