best live wallpapers

1. camerons1986

camerons1986 Active Member

any suggestions for good live wall papers in the marketplace?

Advertisement
  2. fortworthbret

fortworthbret Well-Known Member

andwobble.
    Loremonger likes this.
  3. njKeever

njKeever Well-Known Member

4. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy Well-Known Member

NexusMod doesn't work on Droid 2.1..
    Pbce2yvzc likes this.
  5. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

The two above and Live Waterpaper. Image of your choosing + ripple effect = prettytastic.

Wave live wallpaper is great, too, but a bit busy.
  6. icecold

icecold Well-Known Member

Earth Live seems to be a good option...at least for today.
  7. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

I like the Starfield 3D LWP in the market. Minor bugs but a classic look. Double-tap to go to hyperspeed! :D
  8. savajio

savajio Member

9. slick

slick Well-Known Member

The NexusMod does work on Pete's BB v0.9 (i.e., you must be rooted).

Also, many of the other roms have the NexusMod wallpaper incorporated. My favorite is the Nexus version of the neural network but with the dark Droid background.

The rotating earth and starfield wallpapers are good too. There's one bokeh wallpaper that's really good looking but it lags the hell out of the phone.

But most of the LWP in the market suck.
    Unseensight likes this.
  10. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy Well-Known Member

Yes but I felt it were safer to assume he wasn't rooted. If he were rooted, odds are he'd be able to find his own wallpapers without posting a question about it. Just a theory..

Under standard VZW 2.1 update, nexusmod wont work..
  11. Jeremy07si

Jeremy07si New Member

Im running rooted 2.2 on my moto droid and the NexusMod equiv is called
    "Nexus Revamped" works great on mine.
  12. dodger55fan

dodger55fan Well-Known Member

There's a great new one called Mario Live Wallpaper (or something), where Mario plays/runs through randomly generated levels (it uses the Super Mario World sprites) ... it's pretty epic, I've been using it for a few days, however I'm pretty sure it's taking a bit of a hit on my battery ...oh well, it's so dang cool.
  13. Knitewulf

Knitewulf Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of Pixel Zombies, Seeds of life, and Aquarium :)

Of course there is the mario lwp but that destroys your battery.
  14. Jake43

Jake43 Well-Known Member

+1 its awesome
  15. flash24

flash24 Well-Known Member

I don't use one, drains battery and slows the device down.
  16. x026092

x026092 Well-Known Member

I agree. I need all the battery life I can get & dancing pixels doesn't do any thing for me.
  17. nevergonnauseth

nevergonnauseth Well-Known Member

dont forget the new supermario one!
  18. krouget

krouget Well-Known Member

There is also PongClock Live Wallpaper. Classic game of pong, where you can watch simply, or join the game at any time. It also lets you manipulate a variety of settings.

I also like Striker Live Wallpaper. Its for soccer fans, but it has a few players kicking a soccer ball around the field. Tapping the screen anywhere, kicks the ball to that spot, while the players chase it down and continue playing.
    ericDylan likes this.
  19. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

+1 for this one.
  20. natdm

natdm Member

For some reason I can't upload images at work through the proxy. But on my EVO, the Mario Live wallpaper consumes between 2-4% of battery power. Idle time consumes 40%, calls 20%, even just the screen consumes 4%. I can spare another 2-4% for a badass wallpaper like that.
    (from my FB:)
    [​IMG]

Let me add, I don't even have my USB charger. I charge my phone 20 minutes to work and 20 minutes back, maybe 15 minutes to/from sports on the weekends and it's held up fine. I need a new charger since I lost mine but it's not a pressing issue. The wallpaper doesn't change this at all.

If my battery went from 100 to 0%, the last thing I would think is that I wish I didn't have that wallpaper up so I could have 4% left. Instead, I think I'm stupid for not having charged it earlier.
  21. klwheat

klwheat Well-Known Member

My favorite is "star chase free"....it's busy, and eventually seems to bog things down...but I LOVE star wars..LOL
  22. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

My favorite is Aquarium. Fish swim around the screen,bubbles come up fro the bottom and a fish tank background.
  23. BlueIce5249

BlueIce5249 Well-Known Member

I 2nd that, I was coming in here to post that actually. Nothing really compares. It's awesome and doesn't use a lot of battery. I'm even using it over the mario one.
  24. proginski

proginski Active Member

+1 for aquarium...I am also using live weather a lot...if you get beatiful widgets it will actually show the current weather...ie. shows rain and clouds...Phil

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  25. BlueIce5249

BlueIce5249 Well-Known Member

And eat the crap out of your battery.