• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

best low priced temporary replacement?

np6s4x

Nov 17, 2011
My EVO V recently died on me, and I'm looking to get a low priced temporary device. It'll be just until I can save up the money to buy a high end gsm device so I can switch t-mobile's $30 plan.

What I'm currently thinking about getting is the zte awe. While the screen is a bit smaller, and lower res. it has a better processor (s4 rather then s3, same speed), bluetooth 4.0 vs 3.0, and android 4.1, vs 4.0.

Any other devices I should be looking at? I want something at least on the same level as the EVO, and cheap (walmart has the awe for less then $50 currently)

Another option might be to skip the switch and temporary phone and get something like the LG Volt. I just haven't tested out sprint's LTE here yet.

Ended up going for the lg volt, love all the customization options it has. Kinda think it's what a lite version of pacman rom might be like, with the many home screen and lock screen changes that can be made. It seems to have everything i want: an sd card slot, fm radio, removeable battery, nfc, and so on. The only down side so far is the network; sprint still sucks, lol, from the little i've used it, even though i'm getting lte on and off at home, it's speed isn't that great so far. i haven't tested it away from home much yet though.

How does t-mobile prepaid's L90 compare to this? Seem to be a bit conflicting whether this is a L90, or F90. Also one thing being that t-mobile's L90 doesn't seem to have LTE, though doesn't really matter since their basic 4g is around 11-15mb+ here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones