Best low voltage kernel?

Last Updated:

1. Timaphillips

Timaphillips Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just installed Cyanogen from DroidMod and while I was at it, I installed the p3 1ghz low voltage kernel. So far, I'm pretty happy. I'm not sure it's been a huuuge battery saver, but I think it's helped. Wifi and bluetooth have been on all day. A few phone calls. Lots of texting and emails. Also some market apps downloaded as well as files transferred on/off. At 8:30 my battery life is at 50%, which is pretty damn good considering how much better that is from strait out of the box on release day.

I'm running 800mhz overclocked, instead of 1ghz to save some power. Should I switch to a different kernel since I'm not even using the 1 ghz slot?

What's the best low voltage kernel for battery life, overclocking included? No need to even bring up stock speeds...

Advertisement
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

not really such thing as a best kernel. Different kernels work better for different droids. For me Bekits kernels run faster and cooler than P3 but for others its the opposite. Nothing you can do but try them out and see what works best for you

3. markc2

markc2 Well-Known Member

I had the same thought, to try using a lower speed kernel if I wasn't clocking to the maximum, but I don't think that logic holds. Presently using a 1,200 mhz kernel and overclocking to 1,000. Previously using a 1,000 or 1,100 kernel and clocking to the max caused odd FC's, especially in browser and e-mail. No idea what it all means, just that it works....

4. jackburnt

jackburnt Well-Known Member

I'm using bekits 1.2 low voltage and it runs amazing. Cooler than stock.

5. njKeever

njKeever Well-Known Member

I'm running Bekit's 5 stage 1.0ghz kernel and love it.

6. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

So far, I've had the best luck w/ AdamZ's LV 1.2GHz. P3Droid's ran hotter and occasionally rebooted randomly. I hadn't actively used Bekit's but for a very short time, and it wasn't performing much better. W/ Chevy's I could never get past 1.1GHz.

I really think much depends on the ROM you're using, too. Some seem to just talk better w/ each other.