1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Best Media Player/Manager For Galaxy Nexus (Windows 7)?General

1. kevin95

kevin95 Well-Known Member

So I had my Nexus for quite some time now and I was wondering if there's a good media player/manager for out there (for Windows 7) that can easily manage my music/music playlists.

Advertisement
    :
  2. ZackyZombieface

ZackyZombieface Well-Known Member

Winamps pretty good.
  3. Jay3

Jay3 Well-Known Member

I prefer Google Music now. (It uses the corresponding app Music Manager to keep the cloud synced with your music files on your hard drive).

Life is easier when playlists, music, everything is synced with the cloud -- phone plays my music in the car, computer plays my music at home through Google Music. (It does use Windows Media Player for Amazon MP3 purchases, but that works fine).
  4. kevin95

I live in Canada. They don't have Google Music there yet :(
  5. Skyroket

Skyroket Well-Known Member

what do you mean Windows 7? Try Poweramp the best music player out there.. it has gapless playback feature. I hate when player goes silent when switching between tracks when in reality some albums were recorded like one endless song "The WaLL" for example
  6. kevin95

I meant a iTunes equivalent for Android that's compatible with Windows 7.

And I already have Poweramp :)
  7. john30308

john30308 Well-Known Member

I used to use ISyncr Wi-Fi, which basically transfers iTunes music and playlists to your GN. But Google Music Play is great. I uploaded everything and have never looked back. One set of music feeds by phone, by Nexus 7 tablet and even my Co-Star GTV. Fantastic.
  8. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

JetAudio is by no means new, but the Android app itself is. It puts PowerAmp to shame... considering it's a phone, the music sounds absolutely amazing with JetAudio compared to PowerAmp.

Available for Android and PC.

JetAudio
  9. kevin95

I don't really like the interface but I guess I'll give it a try.
  10. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

Just like with the PC version, I'm sure sooner or later people will come up with skins for it. It really is a great music player!

I used the PC version for a few years (was totally a WinAmp girl before that), but we currently use either the Squeezebox (Logitech) or the Sonos (see my sig) systems throughout our house, so JetAudio doesn't get used much on our computers at the moment. I was ecstatic to see it become an Android App though! Now I have something to listen to my music with when I'm out of the house. ;)
  11. wtherrell

wtherrell Well-Known Member

Apparently "Apollo" Player won't.
    Can't see that JetAudio basic does either.
  12. wtherrell

wtherrell Well-Known Member

OK, Jet Audio did not either. Winamp said it might need something extra called Neon support to play them.
    Tried PowerAmp. It does play them, and holy smokes does that equalizer make the tinny speaker in this phone sound really good without over-driving it! Or maybe WMA's sound better than MP3's--I don't know. Can't wait to try it with my Klipsch headphones. :)
    A little bit of a learning curve on the UI but I am told one can get plug-ins or skins that will help this. I think I will buy it when the trial period is up. Looks like it works with my car audio system pretty well, too.