best media player?

Last Updated:

1. xxmiscadxx

xxmiscadxx Member This Topic's Starter

whats the best music player any one has found so far? i have tried double twist and one other one called music player. But i just cant seem to make playlists work.

Advertisement
  2. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

i think the stock player is best because of the lockscreen widget and 5.1 surround sound but i use tunewiki sometimes for the widget and it displays lyrics when you play songs, havent tried playlists on it though

3. ageros

ageros Active Member

I use mixzing for my music, album art grabber(for well....album art), and astro player for my audiobooks(supports bookmarking). Personally I like keeping the music and books separate, but for just music I've been very satisfied with mixzing.

4. robphelan

robphelan Well-Known Member

i'm using Rockplayer as my divx/xvid movie player... works well so far.. the paid app is pricey - 9.99.. free app has ads while FF/RW.

5. St_G

St_G Active Member

I like MixZing a lot for music. the ui seems well suited for a mobile device, it has LockScreen controls (if you pay for the real version) and unlike the stock player, it doesn't freak out if your music database is really big.

For podcasts, I think I tried all the options out there before settling on BeyondPod. It was the only one I could get to cooperate with every feed I gave it.

6. robphelan

St_g... how are you synching up your podcasts? do you do it on your PC then transfer to your phone? or d/l straight to your phone?

i'm trying to figure out a full replacement for iTunes podcasts.

I have about 10 that I subscribe to, but can't find a way to subscribe to them, auto-transfer them, mark them as played, delete them upon next synch etc....

7. robphelan

i just d/l beyond podcast.. looks great so far. has the delete played podcast feature I have been looking for. also, no need for a PC to transfer the files..

thanks for turning me onto this app.

8. St_G

St_G Active Member

I DL straight to the phone, so I'm not sure how it might work out from a synching perspective. Within the phone, you can set behavior preferences like how many old ones to hang on to, whether to allow downloading over 3G, etc, but I don't know how it would behave pulling from your desktop.

Gipson likes this.
  9. robphelan

thanks.. i don't necessarily need it to sync to/from the desktop. that's just the way i was doing it with itunes.

i'm in the middle of re-signing up all my podcasts. i really like all the options available with this app. i'm going to try it out for a few days & probably buy it

10. xxmiscadxx

xxmiscadxx Member This Topic's Starter

i have tried to sync using samsung kies and now on the phone it says PC connection not available, Phone must be in idle screen, Please close all applications.(or something to that effect)

any clue on that one? i can mount and unmount through usb connection but just cant use kies now . . .

11. Segfault

Segfault Well-Known Member

I like the cubed player. It recognized the playlists that were copied over by media monkey. It also looks really cool. It has a really wierd name though, but if you search for cubed music player in the market you should find it.

12. novagator

novagator Well-Known Member

Are you using LauncherPro or ADW? If so, you need to use home switcher to launch Touchwiz before kies will recognize it.

13. sschrupp

sschrupp Member

Are there any other players with a lock screen control besides MixZing and Captivate's default?

14. jblaze5779

jblaze5779 Well-Known Member

Hey how do I get the stock app lock screen widget to show up?

edit: it doesn't show up when you have an unlock pattern

15. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

My only real issue with the stock video player is its lack of showing files by folder.

Right now I'm trying to choose between Act 1 and RockPlayer, both of which don't have this issue and have other neat features. Act 1 is inexpensive, while RockPlayer apparently supports more video formats. RP's price is outrageous though.