• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Memory Card Size

I'm using a 16gb.

One thing to be aware of, if you have any desire to root your phone, running your apps from your sd card is possible, allowing you to install many more programs than you can on the small internal memeory that comes with it.

However, if you want to do this the sdcard MUST be a class 6 or android will have all sorts of issues.

8gb Class 6 are very cost friendly right now, you can get them for under $15 everywhere on the web.

16gb Class 6 will cost you about $50 right now.

The only 32gb class 6 card I have seen was $250+. Too pricey for me, but it's nice to know we can go there when the prices come down.

Upvote 0
I'm using a 16gb.

One thing to be aware of, if you have any desire to root your phone, running your apps from your sd card is possible, allowing you to install many more programs than you can on the small internal memeory that comes with it.

However, if you want to do this the sdcard MUST be a class 6 or android will have all sorts of issues.

8gb Class 6 are very cost friendly right now, you can get them for under $15 everywhere on the web.

16gb Class 6 will cost you about $50 right now.

The only 32gb class 6 card I have seen was $250+. Too pricey for me, but it's nice to know we can go there when the prices come down.

yes i got my 8gb class 6 for cheap.. for me has more than enough space to store my music app files pictures etc

Upvote 0
I thought about rooting my phone but I am not that knowledgeable with linux so I don't want to risk messing anything up and bricking this thing when I have only had it for not even a week yet.

But thus far I have been managing with the little space the phone is internally.

I did find out where to clear the cache for every program that has it and managed to free up about 5mb of internal memory, most of it was used by the web browser.

Upvote 0
I bought a 8Gb Class 6 SDHC card, and honestly didn't see an improvement.

I did however, re-format it using 64k blocks... And that seem to make a noticeable speed difference READING the memory card... That comment (that it's faster) comes from loading and viewing the picture gallery... The initial index is rendered much faster.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones