Best Method to Upgrade MicroSDGeneral

1. drpotter2807

drpotter2807 Well-Known Member

Is there a particular way I am supposed to do this? Can I just copy and paste to my desktop and then onto the new card?

Going from a 32 to 64gb

Advertisement
  2. cybertec69

cybertec69 Well-Known Member

Yes, copy and paste is the way to do it.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
  3. Riche101

Riche101 VIP Member VIP Member

4. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Well-Known Member

Riche101, what is the reason for not putting the sd card into the pc to transfer? I have done it that way many times without a problem. Do you mean to say that the sd needs to be formatted in the phone?
  5. Riche101

Riche101 VIP Member VIP Member

From what i understand its the best way as your pc mac etc may format it in a way that is not compatible with your whether it be fat32 etc
  6. Funderbolt

Funderbolt Well-Known Member

Will an S4 see all of a 64GB SD card?
  7. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

it should yes
  8. fyrfyter612

fyrfyter612 Well-Known Member

I've been putting off doing this also. I have a Samsung 64g Pro to replace my SanDisk 16g. I've never done it & am worried I'm gonna screw something up...lol. Since my SanDisk card has been used in my previous 3 phones (all HTC models) I'm sure there's things on it I don't need anymore.
  9. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Well-Known Member

I see what you mean. I have transferred files both ways without problems as long as the card is formatted by the phone. There are two folders that get created when formatting on the phone and some functions such as apps to sd will crash the OS and restart the phone if they are not present.