Best micro SD card to useTips

Last Updated:

1. tambuak

tambuak New Member

First off thanks to all the great folks here, I've finally rooted my rush and excited about getting more apps to my SD card.
    On that note, I've seen many sites recommend class 10 SD cards, was wondering what micro SD cards seem to work best for yall out there? Esp, in terms of running apps off of the SD card.

scary alien likes this.
  2. Tesla5

Tesla5 Well-Known Member

Max is 32GB. I would get class 10.. doesn't cost that much more. Also you'll need a USB sd card reader so you can use your pc to partition the card.
  3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Not 100% sure, but a class 10 micro SD card is usually for things like HD cameras, etc. and might be too fast.

I made the mistake of putting on in my Droid X a back in 2011 and it was pretty flaky... A class 6 should be fine, though.

Of course, the newer devices nowadays might be able to handle a class 10 card, so I may be all wet regarding this :p.

Secure Digital - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

tambuak and Etwizzy like this.
  4. turtle187

turtle187 Well-Known Member

tambuak, Etwizzy and scary alien like this.
  5. Tesla5

Tesla5 Well-Known Member

I would like to add make the partition Ext2 and either 1GB (1024) or 2GB (2048).
    tambuak, Etwizzy and scary alien like this.
  6. Etwizzy

Etwizzy Well-Known Member

7. scary alien

There'll be the word "Class " followed by a semi-circle with the class number/designation on it stamped on the SD card:

^^^ This one is a Class 10 card.

s1nful0ne likes this.
  8. Etwizzy

Thanks & one more question what exactly does your class of card mean?

P.S. Nice Vector drawing if an sd card.:thumbup::cool:

P.P.S. I checked and I have a class 6 Samsung 16GB Micro SD it also says HC(whatever that means) under the micro sd logo
  9. Tesla5

Tesla5 Well-Known Member

That should work with no problems.
    Etwizzy likes this.
  10. scary alien

Check out this thread: Secure Digital - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia--there's a big section on "Speeds"'s an except from there:

Etwizzy likes this.
  11. Etwizzy

:eek:A lot of reading:eek:
    scary alien likes this.
  12. scary alien

13. Wizard59

Wizard59 Well-Known Member

Not sure but I have actually been running a UHS-1 in my Phone since my prevail. It did not seem unstable in that and so far it is fine in my Rush even though I have not rooted and ROMed yet. I do only run a 16GB though because that was safe size for prevail and it was very stable running CTMod. Hoping to have just as much luck and fun with my Rush once I get issues worked out and can get on with rooting and ROMing it.
    scary alien likes this.