Best & Most Stable Froyo Rom & Kernal?

Last Updated:

1. XtremeAaron

XtremeAaron Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was wondering everyones opinion on whats the best froyo rom and kernal to run. I understand theres many different options, but what has been the most stable for you guys?

Advertisement
  2. ne0lyfeism

ne0lyfeism Well-Known Member

Not sure if you're going to get a consensus since every Droid is different, but for me, the most stable Froyo ROM and Kernel combo (which I'm running at this very moment) is NexBeast FRF57 V0.1.1 paired with ChevyNo1's 1.2Ghz ULV kernel. I have my Droid OCed to 1100 (Max) and 800 (Min).

3. einyv

einyv Well-Known Member

For me using Jrummy16's Blueberry theme Kangerade v1.0 with the chevy LV 1.1GHZ. using for 4 days and the phone has never run so well. So glad i rooted.

4. ronaldramsayii

ronaldramsayii Well-Known Member Developer

I'm running BB V0.2.1 OC with Chevy's 1.1GHz ULV. 1GHz (max) 250MHz (min). I'm gonna end up putting the framework of NexBeast on top of V0.2.1. I'm very satisfied with it overall though.

5. phobic

phobic Well-Known Member

Another vote for Kangerade 1.0 (stock skin w/ chevy 1000 MHz kernal). I've probably tried all other Froyo ROMs on my Droid and this one seems to be the most stable for me personally.

6. Turbo Ninja CPA

Turbo Ninja CPA Active Member

I have the exact setup but blue theme. Best my phone has run.

7. Drewsky

Drewsky Member

I Run Kangerades as well But instead of Chevy's i rock P3's 250-1250 Kernels. It runs very fast and very well... my sig has a few scores on it

8. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

I am running DroidLife's stock Froyo, great speed with the stock 800 mhz kernel. Absolutely no problems.

9. Branndon

Branndon Well-Known Member

Well this thread, along with my reboots, crashes and what not of bb .2.1 I have switched to kangerade.

10. ilmar72

ilmar72 Well-Known Member

flashing kangerade now because bb.2,.2.1 was fail for me. bb.1 was great though.

Edit" kangerade is nice so far :)

11. Vidfreek

Vidfreek Active Member

Just flashed the Kangerade Froyo and so far its easily the best one I've tried, the other Froyo roms just havent worked well and have really drained my battery, the last one I did had auto apps2sd and that I didnt like as it moved everything over to the SD card and even taking the steps to fix it I still had to manually move some things back to get my widgets working again, this sucker runs super fast and I have the P3Droid 600 scalable as my droid doesnt do well much higher than that, but even with that this thing is quick and has 80 megs free almost all the time, still cant get Slacker to work right and for some reason 3G has gotten slower when I use a Froyo rom, instead of the radio apps pre-loading the whole song pretty quick it instead stays just ahead of where the song is playing at and I'm not sure why thats the case, 2.1 didnt have this problem (or any issues with Slacker force closing on me all the time), but thats probably an update Slacker needs to do, but yes I would recommend Kangerade as well....great stuff!

12. vr6dubbin

vr6dubbin Well-Known Member

Been running NexFro 0.1 w/ wifi fix and it's been great. I use the P3Droid 250-900Mhz Kernel.. blazing fast, stays cool and battery life is still amazing.

13. pgrommesh

pgrommesh Active Member

After some deliberation (I don't switch roms often) I flashed from BB .8 to blue kangerade and am very impressed. Some flash sites are not perfect, a bit lagy, but I ampleased and am going to try a chevy kernel tonight to see if over 800mh will smooth things out. Very happy with the kangerade so far.

14. yohankenobi

yohankenobi Well-Known Member

I have the same setup and I agree my Droid hasn't been better!

15. anaphora68

anaphora68 Well-Known Member

Running JRummy's Stock Themed Kangerade 1.0, Chevy ULV 1.0ghz 250/800, and absolutely no issues. Battery life couldn't be better, and not a problem with anything.

16. eclsnowman

eclsnowman Active Member

I am gonna get hated for this because of the stigma... but "Ultimate Droid Froyo eXteme (RC2)" is really nice. I have used Team Chaos Froyo, BB 0.2.1, Jrummy Kangerade, Chevy Froyo 4.1 and others. Ultimate Droid eXtreme is the smoothest so far, and no reboot or force close issues. For me the others had scroll lag, launcher lag after return from memory intensive apps, and higher temps (remember this is just my experiences, your millage may vary).

Just thought I would throw it out there, because choice is good... even if it's the unpopular choice at the time.

FYI: at 1250mhz

[​IMG]

17. yohankenobi

I'm new to the whole rooting and overclocking thing, so my question is how do you get a quadrant score? Is there an apk I can download?

18. yohankenobi

Nevermind I figured it out.

19. FuhxTehAppelz

FuhxTehAppelz Well-Known Member

Its in the sig. Always run BB always will, new to chevy's ultra low volt kernel, but it brought my proc temp down 10 F from the older kernel I was running, the original AdamZ 400-1200

20. Groid

Groid Well-Known Member

Fab's NexBeastFRF57v0.1.1 w/stock 800 kernel runs sweet for me. Love LauncherPro, flash v3 works great, wired/wireless tether, cool and phenomenal battery life.

21. flash24

flash24 Well-Known Member

I'm not really sure, I haven't found the right one yet.

22. dblock110

dblock110 Well-Known Member

rooted stock 2.2 ftw .

it IS the most stable froyo release .

23. einyv

einyv Well-Known Member

kangerade still working. Trying the 1.25 ULV from chevy now. Working good although quadrant test will only work up to 1.1. At 1.25 it reboots the phone, not sure what is up with that.

24. mhome

mhome Well-Known Member

Definitely the most stable. But no cool scripts and stuff, my fall back, damn good fall back.

25. flash24

flash24 Well-Known Member

Finally found one that works great with my Droid. Kangrade Stock version with Chevy's 1ghz low. I am so happy right now :)