• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best multi IM client app?

Apparently Nimbuzz had problems with Jabber, so that took that out of their system... But they still have access to Gtalk, so I don't know what their problem is. Unfortunately it's useless to me without making Jabber available. Wanted to post this since it took me a while to figure out that they no longer support it (their site still says they support Jabber, but reading through their forums they have dropped it). Hope this saves other people some time.

I'm currently using Meebo IM, but it has the disconnect problems. So if there are any other recommendations, I'd love to try them.

Upvote 0
Sorry to dig up such an old thread, but some forums I've been on, the mods get their noses out of joint if you don't pore over the past five years of posts before you ask a question, reviving an old thread seemed a better option than making a new one.

Anyway, onto the point. I'm going to receive my Asus Transformer soon (one would hope...), and I'm looking for a really well-made WLM client for it. File transfer isn't a huge priority, people have email for that, but I want all the nice, superficial stuff. Having font settings behave the same way on the tablet to what they would on a PC, for instance. Voice and video is kind of the holy grail of WLM clients, but again, not a big concern. Mostly, I want one that has a really clean interface, doesn't look like a stretched out phone app, and actually looks like a WLM client. Not just some IM client that uses the MSNP.

Of course, having it multitask well is probably the highest priority feature, but if I were to settle for just that, I'd use Mercury.

Upvote 0
I've been using IMEasy for a while but the app disappeared off the Market (it was hosted by Easyroid) then reappeared recently by G3 Soft then disappeared again today. Something odd about it, I uninstalled it anyways. There's really no other IM app that allows changing font size besides MSN: Mercury but want to be able to use Yahoo IM as well.

Upvote 0
It's not just font sizes I want, I want font styles too. If someone is typing in blue Times New Roman, I want to see that on my end, and someone else might be typing in green bold, italic Arial. It IS probably a bit much to ask, since some desktop clients can barely manage it. I just identify people, at least partially, by the font they use. At a cursory glance I can make sure I'm in the right conversation, and it makes multiparticipant chats easier to read. Whatever happened to Hi MSN? I never used it, but apparently it supported everything I wanted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones