1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Best Music App (not streaming)

Last Updated:

1. eclipsed4utoo

eclipsed4utoo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

To me, the stock music app isn't that great. I am looking for a music app for playing music on your phone, not streaming.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. obutto

obutto Well-Known Member

I like bTunes. I've tried most of them, and pretty much all of them suck. bTunes is meh, but the best out there right now.

3. zandroid

zandroid Well-Known Member

bTunes, or MxZing, or DoubleTwist

eclipsed4utoo likes this.
  4. eclipsed4utoo

eclipsed4utoo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I like DoubleTwist. Need to download the PC app so I can move over my iTunes playlists.

5. blubill

blubill Well-Known Member

I prefer "3". It's easier to find if you search for "cubed". But the name is 3.

6. BlueIce5249

BlueIce5249 Well-Known Member

I stick with the stock app. There's not really one standout app that beats it yet.

7. one4u2nv

one4u2nv Well-Known Member

I really like mSpot (yes I know it's technically streaming). You install it on a pc or mac and put your music in the folder. It automatically uploads it to a cloud service which can me accessed via your phone to play it. When you want to switch out some of the music you either add or delete out of that folder and it takes care of the rest for you. It can also pull straight from iTunes or Windows Media Player. I just think a folder is easier. Only bad part is that you only get 2GB storage free.

8. RaFF_MyZZteR

RaFF_MyZZteR Active Member

go get the music mod if you're rooted...changes up the stock music player and gives it a flare. "Cubed" (3) is also a great one...used that for a while.

9. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

For visual appeal, nothing (IMO) beats "Cubed" A.K.A. "3".
    "Astro Player" beta is in it's infancy but has an EQ that still needs work. Looks promising.
    "Mixzing" is more mature (IE, been around, few bugs left at all, etc) and they are currently working on an EQ. Pricey @ 6 buck (I think it still is), but if they get that EQ working well, it'll be worth it (again, IMO). Mixzing also plays video files. I did buy Mixzing, and am eagerly (but patiently) awaiting their EQ update, so I am partial to that one, but my second choice is "3" simply because it's definitely the media player of choice for showing off. ;)

10. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

I was very disappointed with the stock music player's insistence on playing tracks in alphabetical order, not album order. "3" (cubed) fixes that! Search the Market for "Rockon" and give it a shot. I have an entire homescreen dedicated to 3. It'll even grab album art. I wouldn't be without it and it's a free beta right now!

11. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

I'm a big fan of Mixzing. The simple fact that the stock player can't sort by genre makes it worthless to me. I have not tried cubed / 3 yet.

12. Rodeojones

Rodeojones Well-Known Member

Another vote for "3" (or Cubed). It's hard to find in the market. If you search for the dev (Filipe Abrantes) you'll come across it.

13. mtraina7

mtraina7 Active Member

can you control it with BT headset?

14. nader2013

nader2013 Well-Known Member

+2 for "3"