• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best new games so far?

I've been confused about the game of thrones app. Is it actually a game or one of those interactive book apps? Those are weird...

Have you played the Walking Dead games? It's very similar to those.

It's point and click (sorta), but there is a lot more to it.

Grim Fandango Remastered was released yesterday. Then there is Broken Age (both chapters) which was released recently.

A few other favorites that were recently released in the last couple months are:

République

I forgot about Republique, it's outstanding.

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0
I've been confused about the game of thrones app. Is it actually a game or one of those interactive book apps? Those are weird...

It's a Telltale game, of which their games are point and click adventures with a heavy dose of story. Other games they did is The Wolf Among Us and the Walking Dead series and Tales from the Borderlands, all of which are full on PC titles that have been ported to mobile. So not so much a visual novel that one has to read, like all the choose your own adventure Tin Man games, but more of a fully interactive story with full voice acting and fantastic graphics that were made for PC. The quality is leaps and bounds above a normal visual novel on Android.

The only games I know that come close that are more like a visual novel are the inkle LTD games that are a lot more interactive than a normal visual novel and have many RPG elements to them.

I forgot about Republique, it's outstanding.

Definitely a great one, very close to console quality and probably the best stealth game on Android. If you are actually interested in more that are console quality or close to I have been working on a pretty big pro/con comparison of titles, it's titled "tablet games" (which really tends to be the best kind of device to be playing these bigger titles on) but more or less is a really large list of console quality titles and ports. It's where I pulled most of the titles I listed up above, so there should be a few more there you might like, being that it is so long, it would probably take too much time to list and link here.

Last edited:
Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
Here is a couple more new games.

Fist Puncher - An old school style 2D brawler, a bit expensive at $9.99
Point Blank Adventures - Shoot - A continuation of the Point Blank game series from Namco. It's free to play with many IAPs, so not sure of the quality.
Goat Simulator GoatZ - A full on port of the PC title of the same name, basically Goat Simulator with zombies and limited crafting. Seems like its making fun of the current trend of zombie survival games on PC.
Desert Ashes - Only on the Amazon Appstore for Now (though it is available for PC on Steam) and looks to be similar with Advance Wars and Fire Emblem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just got Tales of Illyria: Destinies this week, and I'll probably be playing it the rest of the year. It's $0.99, and since there's 6 starting points to choose from, and other choices to make along the way, its a good play value for just a dollar. There's IAP but none is needed to get through the game, it's mainly expansion packs (still plenty of game without them) and equipment that looks cool and might make things easier but isn't needed to win. If you do get one though the $9.99 mega bundle gives you the best discount compared to buying everything included separately and it carries over to any new games or other devices using the same Google account.

Also, not sure how new it is anymore, but I've really been enjoying Telltale's The Wolf Among Us. If you're a fan of the Fables comic book series, you'll probably like the game (but there's some semi spoilery stuff in the game if you're not far along in the comic book series).

Last edited:
Reactions: nabu
Upvote 0
Just got Tales of Illyria: Destinies this week, and I'll probably be playing it the rest of the year. It's $0.99, and since there's 6 starting points to choose from, and other choices to make along the way, its a good play value for just a dollar. There's IAP but none is needed to get through the game, it's mainly expansion packs (still plenty of game without them) and equipment that looks cool and might make things easier but isn't needed to win. If you do get one though the $9.99 mega bundle gives you the best discount compared to buying everything included separately and it carries over to any new games or other devices using the same Google account.

Also, not sure how new it is anymore, but I've really been enjoying Telltale's The Wolf Among Us. If you're a fan of the Fables comic book series, you'll probably like the game (but there's some semi spoilery stuff in the game if you're not far along in the comic book series).
I just downloaded Tales of Illyria last night//havnt had a chance to play it yet but this review got me a little excited.

Reactions: umataro42
Upvote 0

I finally just started playing this game...me likey

Reactions: umataro42
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones