1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

best news widgets?

1. ninjasenses

ninjasenses Active Member

I was wondering what you guys thought the best news widgets were(perferrably free!!):]

Advertisement
    :
  2. jbarrett020

jbarrett020 Well-Known Member

the google Genie (which is in 2.1) is by far my favorite but you wont find it in the market place. Do a google search for GenieWidget.apk and see if you can find it. works great on my droid.

or you can root and load a custom rom, they have it already
  3. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Got to agree. The News and Weather Widget from 2.1 if great. For a stand-alone app there is Newspapers (I have the paid version - Newspapers Full). It accesss 66 major US papers, 11 UK, and more all with a very easy to use interface. I get the NY Times, NY Post, BBC News, LA Times, and 3 of my local Florida Papers along the CNN and Reuters. A newsaholic's dream.
  4. rjjk91

rjjk91 Active Member

sorry to bump this, but does anyone have any other input now that it s almost june?
  5. Winters37

Winters37 Well-Known Member

i use the genie widget from 2.1
    do a google search for "genie widget ported to 1.5/1.6 or whatever version you have.
    its a great widget because it has weather updates too :D
  6. USofPlutarchy

USofPlutarchy Well-Known Member

Try out Feedr 2. Just came out and is near perfect. Amazing widget too.
    rjjk91 likes this.
  7. chimpy

chimpy Well-Known Member

Drudge Report
    Engadget
    jefboyardee and GaryColeman like this.
  8. nightfishing

nightfishing Well-Known Member

Does Newspapers have any ability to save/share links or is it strictly a reader?
  9. rjjk91

rjjk91 Active Member

if you link feedr with Google reader does it mark as read if you log into reader on the computer?
  10. nightfishing

claims to:

New in 2.0
    + 2-way G. Reader sync and lots more!!
  11. rjjk91

rjjk91 Active Member

hope so, I like the lay out. Ill test and post if it does
  12. nightfishing

2 way sync seems to be working.

I'll have to put this one thru the motions for the next couple of days and see if its a keeper.
  13. nunyabizness

nunyabizness Well-Known Member

Do any of these provide local news, or would that have to something that's done by individual newspapers/stations? Wondering if there's a widget/app that would fetch local news based on my GPS location...
  14. Squiggy

Squiggy Well-Known Member

I think he asked for news, not propaganda BS :)
  15. hood420

hood420 Well-Known Member

I couldn't find a news widget I liked until I installed the News & Weather widget from the Nexus One. It works great, and you can create custom topics.
  16. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Sorry to bump this topic but has anyone been having problems with the N1 News and Weather widget? Is there a newer version?

Thanks.
  17. pooohbaah

pooohbaah Active Member

18. Alex949

Alex949 Member

19. soBinary

soBinary Member

20. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

21. surlypoker

surlypoker Well-Known Member

News360 is a pretty good and very customizable news app...
  22. evolution3d

evolution3d Well-Known Member

I like News360 also.
  23. FBT

FBT New Member

I have on my website FreeBrainTrauma Technology News a nice widget that uploads the entire articles from site with freshest news in technology. After you are not connected to internet any more, you still can open them and read entirely with pictures and videos offline. The widget is for all android devices, touch ready, with a very easy to use interface.

Hope you will like it.
  24. djwright66

djwright66 New Member

Taptu is the best I've found. It does what all the others should do. It smokes Pulse and picks up the slack.