Best nonsense rom?

Last Updated:

1. kboya

kboya Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can you folks suggest a good non sense rom? Have been away and out of the loop.cheers k

Advertisement
  2. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

3. Nodders

Nodders Well-Known Member

OpenDesire is also worth a look, as is Defrost (you can find them both on the xda forums at the same link as anoniemouse gave)

4. kboya

kboya Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

cheers guys, I was looking for comments from those using non-sense roms, but have gone for the pinky one for the moment. seems cool, and retains a little of sense widgets... I am really torn, as i like the sense stuff and was not keen on earlier vanilla roms i tried (pre-sense2.2)... will play for a couple of days as it takes some time to set it up
    any other thoughts?

5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

pinjy one is sense isn't it?

best 2 non-sense are defrost and opendesire. they are pretty similar functionality wise, although i am using defrost, not gonig to change soon either, great rom

6. mbatson89

mbatson89 Well-Known Member

+1 for DeFrost, been using it for a few weeks now and haven't got a single complaint.

7. Tunga

Tunga Well-Known Member

There are two.

Pinky Desire is a standard Sense ROM.
    Pinky Desire Classic is based on the above, but has most of Sense removed. There are a couple of other ROMs like this around, notably Psychosis (which I'm using currently), and also DeLite has a version with most of Sense removed.

The advantage of these ROMs is that you can use a better launcher such as LauncherPro and gain some speed from not having Rosie still sitting around, but you still have the Sense Mail and Messaging apps which are generally better than those in Vanilla. For me, it's the perfect compromise. At least until Google produce a Mail app that works properly.

Going to try out Pinky Classic I think, but giving it a couple of releases to stabilise first.