• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Note app?

I usually use Evernote but am seriously disappointed with the lack of offline notes. Anyone have a better solution that will allow syncing between my computer the web and my phone?

Hi, this seems to be a holy grail for ex-Palm OS people like myself who were have been used to this basic level of functionality for about fifteen years! Even after all this time since the release of Android, no one seems to have come up with an equivalent yet. GooMemo will I think be great once the sync with Google docs is up and running. I emailed the developer recently and he said that it was pretty imminent, so I'm thinking of waiting for that. Otherwise I've just been looking into Companion link, does anyone have any feedback on that as a way of getting memos/notes stored on the device and synced with your PC?

Upvote 0
Note Everything has lots going for it:

text notes
check lists
encrypted notes
"durable check lists" (which segregates your checked items so they don't clutter your screen, but doesn't erase them)
voice notes
paint notes
backup and restore (auto in the paid version)
import from Palm (saved my life in the beginning)
export and import from Google Docs with NE Gdocs add on

and tons more. The only thing I miss is autosync w/ Google Docs, apparently that's high on the developer's todo list.

Btw, I have no affiliation w/ these guys; I just love their app!

Upvote 0
I personally suggest "Notes" by Yuli

Notes v1.1.7 Application for Android | Tools

You can create your notes, encrypt them, back them up, restore them. Works great for me; however, I don't know if it's exactly what you're looking for.

Hello, I'm also a user of this notes system and I'm wondering how I can sync it to my PC - would you happen to know that?
Thanks

Upvote 0
I have tried several, but super note is my choice for note taking, is like a notepad with a pen but using just your fingers. It seems better for business meetings or school. Many ask for linking with pc, you can email your notes as pdf, when you write by hand. Or you can choose to use the keyboard.

Hope this helps... regards

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones