Best Note app?

Last Updated:

1. mrearp

mrearp Member

I usually use Evernote but am seriously disappointed with the lack of offline notes. Anyone have a better solution that will allow syncing between my computer the web and my phone?

2. wrigglesworth

wrigglesworth Well-Known Member

Hi, this seems to be a holy grail for ex-Palm OS people like myself who were have been used to this basic level of functionality for about fifteen years! Even after all this time since the release of Android, no one seems to have come up with an equivalent yet. GooMemo will I think be great once the sync with Google docs is up and running. I emailed the developer recently and he said that it was pretty imminent, so I'm thinking of waiting for that. Otherwise I've just been looking into Companion link, does anyone have any feedback on that as a way of getting memos/notes stored on the device and synced with your PC?
  3. SystemHacker

SystemHacker Member

I personally suggest "Notes" by Yuli

Notes v1.1.7 Application for Android | Tools

You can create your notes, encrypt them, back them up, restore them. Works great for me; however, I don't know if it's exactly what you're looking for.
  4. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

There is one called colornote which is pretty good.
  5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

springpad is looking very good.
  6. pavirotten

pavirotten Well-Known Member

3banana works for me.
  7. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

I agree. I was a fan of 3 bananas until I tried springpad
  8. koenho

koenho Member

I'm currently developing a note app (as a hobby project).

GDocs Sync I hope to have finished in August ...

Try it out, ... and ... patience, GDocs sync is coming, I need it badly too :)

BI Notes | SlideME

9. skeezicks

skeezicks Active Member

Note Everything has lots going for it:

text notes
    check lists
    encrypted notes
    "durable check lists" (which segregates your checked items so they don't clutter your screen, but doesn't erase them)
    voice notes
    paint notes
    backup and restore (auto in the paid version)
    import from Palm (saved my life in the beginning)
    export and import from Google Docs with NE Gdocs add on

and tons more. The only thing I miss is autosync w/ Google Docs, apparently that's high on the developer's todo list.

Btw, I have no affiliation w/ these guys; I just love their app!
  10. g4rvd4

g4rvd4 Well-Known Member

11. PeaceMaker

PeaceMaker Well-Known Member

What's wrong with Evernote?
  12. foo

foo Well-Known Member

syncs with dropbox & very lightweight/quick
  13. Sideway

Sideway Member

Thanks for finding this one!
  14. tonyburkhart

tonyburkhart New Member

My personal favorite is Todo.txt

Lightweight, text only and synchs with DropBox. I use it on multiple devices and love the offline ability.

Also, hello board :)

I recently got a Xoom, which sent me looking for a solid offline/sync-able text app, hence my Googling got me here and registered.
  15. Henrik Jacobse

Henrik Jacobse New Member

Does anyone know how I can effectively sync my yuli notes with my PC?
  16. Henrik Jacobse

Henrik Jacobse New Member

Hello, I'm also a user of this notes system and I'm wondering how I can sync it to my PC - would you happen to know that?
  17. manuelvt

manuelvt New Member

I have tried several, but super note is my choice for note taking, is like a notepad with a pen but using just your fingers. It seems better for business meetings or school. Many ask for linking with pc, you can email your notes as pdf, when you write by hand. Or you can choose to use the keyboard.

Hope this helps... regards
  18. TnIan

TnIan Well-Known Member

I've been using Simplenote ( It works with the Android app Flick Note. Works fine for me.
  19. funpig

funpig Well-Known Member

I use ColorNote for quick notes to myself.

For detailed notes, memos or documents or anything which I need to be synced up to my computer or accessed by another device, I just use my word processor (ThinkFree) and save the item in my DropBox.
  20. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

I use "Colornote" and it works very well. Simple, easy to use and can sync with computer. You can back up your notes to SD card too.
  21. whoelse

whoelse Member

I use Evernote and if I need to take confidential note with encryption I use SecretVaultpro.