Best notepad app?

Last Updated:

1. cooden

cooden Active Member

I am looking for a notepad that looks like the IPhone notepad. Any one know a good note app for this?

2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

I don't know what the Iphone notepad looks like, but I'm a fan of AK Notepad
  3. Thorin10

Thorin10 Member

Note Me is a good app and very customizable.
  4. whoflungdo

whoflungdo Member

I use and like Note Everything.
    GillyRose likes this.
  5. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

I tested a few and stuck with Note Everything. I think it's pretty good. No idea what IPhone's looks like...
  6. ggoldfingerd

ggoldfingerd Active Member

I have only tried one Notepad application and that was Gdoc with Sync. It is a simple notepad that sync's with your google documents so you can access it online.
  7. ftothe3

ftothe3 Well-Known Member

i like mobisle notes
  8. seven30

seven30 Member

Note Everything for me as well. I like it better than AK Notepad.
  9. deryn

deryn Well-Known Member

+1 on Mobisle Notes
  10. pdragon

pdragon Well-Known Member

11. I Really like GDocs notepad. It syncs with Google docs. Very cool stuff.
  12. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

Mobisle Notes
  13. dedPak

dedPak Member

14. leturn

leturn New Member

Same here
  15. pavirotten

pavirotten Well-Known Member

I use 3Banana and like it alot.
  16. JustROLLIN

JustROLLIN Well-Known Member

I use Note Everything, works fine...its a notepad.
  17. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

The one I use is just called "Notes"

Pretty simple but it can turn you notes into a checklist just by putting a # in front of each line. It can insert pictures as well as encrypt notes.

It's nothing fancy but I like it. I may give some others suggested here a try too.
  18. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Melon is the only one I've tried and kept.
  19. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

20. phwaap

phwaap Well-Known Member

Not sure what the iPhone app looks like or it's features. After messing around with most of the note apps under productivity in market, Note Everything seemed to me the most robust. It's almost sophisticated enough to replace a task manager like Astrid. There really is a reason it has 5 stars. But it depends a lot on what you need, e.g. reminders, encryption, checklists, multimedia notes, etc., or just basic text notes. For the latter, AK gets good ratings but I personally found it too simple. Note Me seemed pretty good to me as well except for the font. Wonder if that was fixed in 2.0.1.
  21. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

Try out a few of the ones suggested here and see which one you like best. I would recommend not specifically trying to find apps that look or act like iphone apps and just look for apps that you like using. If you limit yourself you might pass over an app because it isn't "like the iphone app" and miss out on a very good one.
  22. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

ak notepad here
  23. Mike Anthony

Mike Anthony Well-Known Member

i use 3banana for my notepad and text edit for my text files
  24. cafeldmann

cafeldmann Member

I started with AK Notepad. I had no issues with it, but I switched to Note Everything, because it works just as well and has a lot more features to it.
  25. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Well-Known Member

I am a former palm user and have about 200 memos. I copied and pasted them all to gdocs. Only problem: it limits you to 100 memos. I wish they would update that to fix is a great app.