1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Best Office Suite?

Last Updated:

1. frogzpawn

frogzpawn New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm after software to let me create documents and spreadsheets and be able to share them across platforms.

I think I've decided on quickoffice based on its compatibility with Google docs and I'm assuming that this will save memory as the free version is already on my device.

I have a Desire running Froyo

I'd be grateful to hear people's opinions and experiences.

Cheers,

frogzpawn.

Advertisement
  2. lohpsch

lohpsch Member

I think there are 3 candidates:

Quick Office (the full version with editing capabilities).
    Used it before on Symbian devices (N97) but I don't like 2 apps with the same name (one simple viewer and a full one that doesn't replace the viewer).

Office Suite, my favorite.

Picsel Editor, a new one that works even with Bada, didn't try this one.

Anyway, using Office Suites with capacitive screens is not as easy as with resistive screens.

Hope this can be helpful.

Cheers,
    :)

frogzpawn likes this.
  3. frogzpawn

frogzpawn New Member This Topic's Starter

Went for quickoffice in the end. It is a pain that it doesn't replace the viewer version and sits along side it, but otherwise it does the job I need it to and interfaces well. Limitations mean I'll do the bulk of setting up new sheets on the pc (no copy and paste that I can tell) but then it's much easier at a desktop anyway.

4. itisjustme

itisjustme Well-Known Member

I am using "Doccuments 2 Go", version 2.0 until they just released version 3.0 about a week ago. Very nice app, well done and I am a very heavy user.

5. SeeEss

SeeEss Member

How do you deal with making formulas in the cells on Excel? I like Docs to Go as well. Also, formatting a word document does not seem as complete as I would like it to be. Your thoughts?

6. flame123

flame123 New Member

For a long time, I've been looking for a Full version but Free Office Suite for Android, I find one, so I can't wait to share this news with people.

Kingsoft Office for Android
    is FREE to view DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PPT, PPTX files,and create DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX files. Support cloud storage such as: Dorpbox, Box.net and Google Docs. Build-in Email Application makes is easy to share.

Now the international version, support 13 languages.
    Anyway, it has all the features I want for office software on Android. What more can I expect for a freeware!

jkmm likes this.
  7. jkmm

jkmm New Member

Haha, I'm using this one.
    Easily the simplest, fastest, and (at the time of writing this review) the most functional office suite for Android. The ability to "tab" to a new paragraph location on my Transformer Prime's keyboard dock is wonderful! The constant updates and support for external keyboards are awesome!
    [FONT= ]
    [/FONT]

8. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

Personally, the 3 I think are the ones to try are the following:

Documents To Go
    Office Suite Pro
    Quick Office

I have the paid version of all 3 (thanks to Amazon Free App of the Day)

The one I use the most is Documents To Go. Mostly because I have to view/edit Spreadsheet more than any other kind of document. This one is way better for basic and more advance spreadsheet data manipulation.

Also viewing and editing MS Word Docs has been very reliable.

Rantre likes this.
  9. scooterinmn

scooterinmn Well-Known Member

I am amazed and NOT A SINGLE DEVELOPER has come up with a spell check for any of these office suites! :mad:

10. linuxrich

linuxrich Well-Known Member

I'm holding out for LibreOffice. From what I've read of developments, The Document Foundation are making some good headway into getting an Android port out there.