Best option for encrypting phone???General

1. 18t

18t Well-Known Member

My gf works for a big financial company and they said phones must be 100% encrypted. I know with some apps like touchdown you can encrypt a few things. Is there any other options out there? I spent alot of time talking her out of getting another iphone and into Android. Help!

Advertisement
  2. project.in.process

project.in.process Well-Known Member

was her phone purchased using a corporate discount--or was it actually given to her by her company?

Google recently released a showcase of Security implementations/features that are going to be/able to be pushed to corporate phones to compete with the security grip that Blackberry allows
  3. 18t

18t Well-Known Member

she has not purchased the phone yet, her contract is up in a couple weeks. she found this out in a meeting this morning. she will be purchasing it separate from the company.

i saw their apps for business. not sure her company is going to pay $50 per year per user.
  4. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

If she is purchasing it seperarate from the company why does it need to be encrypted? If she needs a phone for work the company should be buying her one.
  5. 18t

18t Well-Known Member

lol thats a whole nother discussion. its one of their clients who does audits etc that is not allowing it. i heard the droid pro has better security than thunderbolt but she doesnt want the pro!