Best Outlook Calendar Sync toolGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-07-08 14:53:36
  1. vijrtk

vijrtk New Member

I have Verizon Motorola DROID RazR.

I have configured it with my work email (microsoft exchange 2003).

For some reasons the calendar on my work and phone does not sync.

Are there any 3rd party tools which I can buy and install on my android razr phone so my work calendar(exchange outlook) and phone sync properly ?

Advertisement
  2. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Sharondippity likes this.
  3. jrowlings

jrowlings Well-Known Member

Or... if you don't want a three-way sync... try Touchdown or Enhanced Email.
  4. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

"three-way"?

... Thom
  5. jrowlings

jrowlings Well-Known Member

Exchange server to google cloud to phone... and back again. Usually requires the intermediate computer to always be on and connected/sync'd.

I think the direct sync between phone and exchange server is better. Just my opinion.
  6. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Much, much better indeed.
  7. DonWeinshank

DonWeinshank New Member

Verizon advised me to install 3rd party app;

DejaOffice - Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes Apps for Android, iPhone, and iPad

which they say has been very successful. I will do so shortly. Given that OUTLOOK is the mainstay of business communications, I would NOT have purchased the RAZR had I been aware of the problem.

I naively expected -- when migrating from BlackBerry to Razr -- that there would have been a native app. to handle MS Office.:mad::mad:
  8. gcpierce

gcpierce New Member

May I ask how it worked
  9. jacke85

jacke85 Member

10. cmubwanel

cmubwanel Well-Known Member

My wife went from Blackberry to RAZR as well, but the difference is some companies have an Enterprise server to handle Blackberrys but have nothing specific to handle smartphones. As such, she downloaded the trial version of Touchdown to see how it worked with her work email/calendar/contacts. After a month we determined that Touchdown would be sufficient, so she is now up and running on said application. The downside is that after the 30-day trial period you have to purchase a Key in order to use Touchdown and it is $20 (I think, it might have been $30). Either way, businesses flocked to the enterprise server for Blackberrys and seem reluctant to transition away.
  11. narayanan9190

narayanan9190 Well-Known Member

Dejaoffice is super cool :)
    companionlink likes this.
  12. jkjdkc

jkjdkc New Member

I also migrated from BB to DRM and am SO SO SO SO unhappy... I also use Outlook, and have over 2000 business contacts, tasks, notes, etc in Outlook for 10+ years now and cannot bear another swap to new system. Have tried google calendar sync and have loaded and unloaded about 10 x now to no avail. Want to run my droid over with my car. Tried to return to Verizon and get another BB and they refused to take back. )@#$&#($&*#$&#@)@#0
  13. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

first of all, op said EXCHANGE, not OUTLOOK. Two different things.

He's getting email, so he probably put the exchange settings into the mail client... something like mail.company.com and entered his user/passwd. I'm not so sure if you can sync your calendar against an exchange server, never needed to look into that!

Most of the suggestions here are for use with a computer with outlook. That's what I do, since my company blocks off-network access. Like said above, I just use google calendar sync, it pushes to the google cloud and my phone is linked to that gmail account, so all my appointments appear, and my deleted ones disappear.
  14. gadgetgalbb

gadgetgalbb Member

There's a fairly new one called Android Sync that works great
  15. pm1066

pm1066 Well-Known Member

For $30...
  16. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

I have three exchange accounts on my phone with a couple thousand contacts and a handful of calendars. Android has syncs calendars flawlessly for years. I can't imagine what trouble you are running into.