Best Password manager for Android and Windows?

1. JohnNova

JohnNova Member

Looking for a good password manager that can sync between windows and android. Currently I'm using the free version of keeper but I'm still searching.
    From what I read online it seems that 1password seems to get good reviews.

Advertisement
    :
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Lastpass
    MacFett likes this.
  3. leeanne172

leeanne172 Well-Known Member

I've been using Bfolders for mine, working out good
  4. Skyroket

Skyroket Well-Known Member

1password is kinda ok... This isn't really a password manager(password reader) the only reason why i use 1password is because i got it for free in the appstore when i was using iphone. Im also trying to find an app that will sync between my android and pc. Most of applications on playstore store are free but lack of windows software makes them useless. And if some of them support windows platform they aren't cheap. 1password developers seem like they think android isnt really a profitable platform.. I found however one application that will sync between windows and android. Android application is paid but windows is free.. Its called '' Safe in the Cloud'' Ive tried it but don't really like cloud syncing. So im looking for something else.
  5. falcon7204

falcon7204 Well-Known Member

I use Password Safe by Jeff Harris (available in Google Play here). The nice thing about this is that there's a PC version as well, and I am able to keep my password file updated between the two platforms by using Dropbox. I find it very useful; it's simple; and I've never lost a password.
  6. paroots

paroots Well-Known Member

KeePassDroid works great and is compatible with KeePass on the PC
    Pete
  7. funpig

funpig Well-Known Member

Keepass and dropbox
  8. FishDoctor

FishDoctor Well-Known Member

I am also using Password Safe and keeping it available and updated on both my Android Phone and Windows PC via dropbox. Has worked well for me for quite a while.
  9. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 Well-Known Member

MacFett likes this.
  10. iSLaND7

iSLaND7 Member

Lastpass is really good.
    Sync really works well as does auto form filler. Setup once and forget all passwords!
    MacFett likes this.
  11. Soniq

Soniq New Member

My favorite is Password Angel. I use this program for Windows and Android.
    Main features:
    - Super-secure AES-256 bit encryption
    - One master password
    - Fresh and modern data-oriented design
    - Powerful password generator is always at hand
    - Fully customizable group tree structure with unlimited nesting
    - Fast search through the database
    - Expiration date for critical data (passwords and groups)
    - Unlimited password databases
    - Automatic database lock (by timer)
    - User customizable values
    - Dropbox cloud storage (premium version)
    - Copy commands in notification area will help you to fill login/password in other applications
    - Windows Desktop application available
    - Data import from popular password managers through "Password Angel for Windows"
  12. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

13. jae_63

jae_63 Well-Known Member

I think that cloud storage for a password manager is inherently unsafe. Cloud storage is great for many other applications, but almost any encryption can be broken eventually if you leave the files "lying around" on the cloud.

That's why I use B-folders, which syncs directly between PCs, Macs and Androids, but never uses the cloud.
  14. jasonk1229

jasonk1229 New Member

Nothing is 100% secure get a composition notebook and bic pen, write them all down. Buy a gun and never let it leave your side. If you dont agree with number one there an app called Pocket you hippy.
  15. shauny13

shauny13 Well-Known Member

Last pass again here. Can't fault it.
  16. Soniq

Soniq New Member

I recommend to try Password Angel for Android and desktop.
    Benefits: super-secure encryption (AES 256-bit) of the password database, intuitive program interface etc.
  17. HighSierra

HighSierra Well-Known Member

Lastpass ftw
  18. divinebovine

divinebovine Well-Known Member Contributor

I'll put in another vote for KeePassDroid + Dropbox. Specifically, Dropsync.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android.keepass
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ttxapps.dropsync
    (Note that if you don't have a Dropbox account you should use the referral from my sig so you and I will both get a bonus.)

For the desktop:
    Downloads - KeePass

This looks interesting, but appears it doesn't help if you don't have connectivity when you need your latest password file:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.randomcomplexity.s3keepass

If Dropbox is not to your liking I recommend using a cloud storage service or 3rd party app that synchronizes your Android device automatically. Most synchronize desktops but require mobile uses to open the app, find the file, and download it fresh every time. (Once again let me plug my referrals, from the last link in my sig. ;))
  19. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

I just started using lastpass and can not believe I used to live without it.
  20. vnsk

vnsk Active Member

SafeWallet is also a good option... Just shifted from Keeper to this... syncs between PC and the phone...so you have a back up...pretty easy to set up..