Best Phone on Sprint and the Best Phone out, PERIOD!

Last Updated:

1. shadrap

shadrap Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Guys, I have had the phone for 2 weeks and still believe now as I did then.

"This is the best phone on Sprint and currently the best phone out. Not even as opinion, but as a fact."

Regular forum goers will understand that there will be defects, that there will be newbs here, and that the trolls are coming "some are already here". Also, the whiners are the loudest on the forums. Those that are happy with the phone usually don't stop by much anymore.

With that said. Just be prepared for the wave that is coming and know that you have the latest and greatest.:cool:

Advertisement
    skpd, Chief7, nikkihp79 and 5 others like this.
  2. acp

acp Well-Known Member

I'm awe struck by this phone.....I'm typing in landscape right now and it feels like a tablet, everything is so big and vibrant.

3. Aridon

Aridon Well-Known Member

I'm happy with mine. In another month we'll have tons of roms and lots of stuff tweaked.

I know one thing I won't selle for anything less than a 4 inch screen from now on. I do wish the res was a little higher though.

4. dajael

dajael Member

Glad to hear that...I was nervous about the screen size. It's not like money (where you can never have enough) with smartphones the screen size is key for so many reasons...can't be too big but can't be too small either. Thanks for the post!

5. BEARitone

BEARitone Member

I agree. Pretty darn amazing.

When I tried it in the store this morning I thought it might even be too big, but it feels so nice in hand. My hero feels down right dinky now.

It is good to see android really getting stronger. All these great phones out... there is almost a perfect phone for everyone.

6. shadrap

Enjoy it guys!

7. septro

septro Well-Known Member

All I gotta say is "Awwwwwww SNAPS!!!"

8. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

I've only posted once since this morning...I'm in shock. I hung out with friends today and when I switched to the front camera they freaked.

9. lyons238

lyons238 Well-Known Member

yeah at first i was nervous it seemed a bit too big. but after using it all day i love it. it feels perfect. my itouch which once felt big now feels small haha, which is nice.

10. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

I have to agree. The long wait was well worth it. Someone pinch me.

11. shadrap

Pinch, it's yours.

12. Bnice

Bnice Guest

Nice to see such positive joy,for every 1 good post of the evo their's 10 bad,my girl got this phone and man it makes the hero look small and the responsiveness way better but that's expected with the snapdragon..

13. probinson

probinson Well-Known Member

The thing that really gets me excited is where the EVO is setting the bar for cell phones. If a company wants to make a premium phone, they'll need to bring a lot to the table. How great are our next phones going to be?

14. cmanbrazil

cmanbrazil Well-Known Member

i'm really happy with the phone as well, and I am in a 3g area. Its speed at downloading, big screen for video and reading long works, is really nice. I will have to set up bluetooth.
    What about the voice text option? its sweet.

15. Dutch54

Dutch54 Well-Known Member

I went from the freebie clamshell phones that ATT gave me for years to this....many, if not most of you on this board have 'worked' your way up to this phone.

I went from caveman to Stephen Hawking in the blink of an eye...the shift in scale is disorienting to say the least.
    Going to enjoy figuring out how all this works. Maybe HTC should have saved the name Incredible for this phone because thats exactly what it is.

16. gulu

gulu Active Member

i went from making tons of mistakes on the hero keyboard to hardly making any on this phone. i am a keyboard guy and this totally works for me!!!

17. rjjr2531

rjjr2531 Well-Known Member

honestly, im suprised how nice it fits in my pocket with a case! that was my main concern about the large screen. now i cant ever go lower than 4.3...and it worked great in my car on a sunny day in dallas,tx...got to use my 4g too...

18. shadrap

Agreed, I could never go back to a smaller screen size. They hit it on the nose with this phone.

19. Wrxdrunkie

Wrxdrunkie Well-Known Member

I am also loving this phone. There is so much to explore in android, coming from a Pre this phone is so fast. I only miss a few things from the pre like the mail client and browser (i hate that auto resize thing android does). But today I got on xbox live and played COD4 and Halo 3 through the hotspot, so ya, pretty amazing.

My ipad speeds suck on the mobile hotspot though.

20. kcpowercat

kcpowercat Member

I'm starting to agree. Loving the Android customization options that I didn't have on the Pre.

21. NicksGarage

NicksGarage Well-Known Member

I have to agree with everyone. This phone is great. I've had zero problems and everything works better than expected. Still getting used to an on screen keyboard but I'll get there. The keyboard on my Treo 800W is fantastic but the small screen was just getting frustrating. I almost got the Touch Pro2 but then heard about the EVO so I decided to give it a go. WinMo is dead to me. Long live Android!

22. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

It's true.

23. 9th Ward

9th Ward Member

The Instinct disappointed me... same with the Pre. I returned both within 3 days of purchase. The Evo will not be heading back to the Sprint store as a return! I am very impressed with the performance of this phone even in a 3G area. I have not even seen the need to enable WiFi yet. It is a great feeling to wait and wait for an item and then receive it just as advertised!