• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Phone On VMS LineUp

Self explanatory given Gingerbread kicks ICS and JB azz in all aspects.How?Forementioned is solely stock requireing no addtional battery use vice has more features equating more consumptions especially 4G connections.Has a bad azz name when compared to other phones Lacks qwerty but makes up for it being in equivalent league with thinner devices Thats the main 3 also mine is the white version to stand out on top of what was already obvious from prior

Not to be negative, but:
ICS and JB are better from an interface standpoint as well as security. Fortunately, if you're rooted, the OE has CM9 which gets great battery life. The battery life is probably not anything to do with the OS itself, but more how it accesses the hardware.
The GB on the OE is thankfully mostly stock, with a couple of irritating built in apps like ID.
There is no 4G on the OE. There's 4G on the device I used to replace it (albeit the Samsung Galaxy SII has Sprint's aging WiMAX network), but you're stuck with 3G on the OE.
The name I'll concede. That part is cool.
"Being in equivalent league with thinner devices" is true if you're comparing it to, say, an iPhone 3GS (assuming you're talking about hardware) but it doesn't apply to newer phones.

I still have my OE, even with my newer S2, and love it, so don't get me wrong. I believe the OE is the best value for your money you can get on Virgin and is a great step up for budget smartphones compared to what you normally get. The processor is fast - faster than it's advertised, actually, since it's actually a 1GHz processor as opposed to the 800MHz advertised. But it's probably not the best phone overall on VM's lineup for anything but bang-for-buck purposes.

Upvote 0
Thing is given I have +10 years of actual ex my LG Optimus Crack(My version of Elite with my own Recovery,Rom,and Kernal) is still better than any phone even high ended ones.For one unless you can get +5 hours of batt even with heavy use gaming,music,videos,and etc which is impossible on ICS and JB due to the extra power consumption any phones other than forementioned can not come close.Has nothing to do with juice defender and or anything equivalent rather actually knowing what one is doing UI mod wise

Upvote 0
The Elite is a nice phone for its class and price point but to say its better in so many respects is silly. I have a Nexus 4 with PA, under volted at stock clock speed and easily get a full day out of a charge. I'm not saying its not a good phone for its class I'm just saying comparing it to a Nexus or RAZR etc or any multi core, xhdpi display it simply isn't a apple to apples comparison. :)

Upvote 0
Does forementioned equate to Heavy Use though?As in constant not taking any breaks even momentarily then going back as this defeats the purpose

Constant use, tethering, streaming, social networking and gaming. There's just no comparing. They're not the same tier, specs, capabilities. So even power consumption isn't comparable. But I do believe aside from the dated software and weird vold/partitioning of storage its the best bang for the buck.

Upvote 0
I'm just saying comparing it to a Nexus or RAZR etc or any multi core

I'm not especially when this thread is initially about phones exclusive to VMs lineup and not others that have nothing to with it.Given unless unlocked those and others are obviously better due to being contract based get what you pay for.Out of all your VM phones and them only can you get +5 hours of battery use with heavy use?

Upvote 0
I'm not especially when this thread is initially about phones exclusive to VMs lineup and not others that have nothing to with it.Given unless unlocked those and others are obviously better due to being contract based get what you pay for.Out of all your VM phones and them only can you get +5 hours of battery use with heavy use?

The EVO or the S2 can, loads of kernel and mods but yes its one of the better VM phones compared to the Kyocera offerings which have locked boot loaders etc. Sadly there's not a whole lot of development. I do support the device with mods and themes etc myself. My son has the phone and I bought one to dev and test on. :)

Upvote 0
Not having a removable battery is a downside to some of the newer phones, as is the lack of an sd card. The truth is though; unless you plan on keeping the phone for years without a replacement, it's very unlikely for the battery to go bad. Even if it does, replacing a non-replaceable battery isn't as impossible as some would make it seem; just look at the iphone.

Plus, how much storage does the average person really need? I thought i would need a sd card for my s2, which I have; but I've still got plenty of room left on the 16gb internal memory and I only keep the sd card in for backup purposes. Unless you are a serious video/audiophile and you simply must carry around more than the given 32gb of music and movies with you at all times; and the various streaming music and tv/movie/video services wont cut it for whatever reason, then yo might want to look for a phone with removable storage.

Also, given the limited dev support for this phone, the more roms the merrier; please do share you're LG Optimus Crack with the rest of us.

Upvote 0
Thats good to hear given this might be my last phone staying away from HTCs as their psp go equivalent once battery dies your done due to being non removable.Lmfao but given this coming fruition I will dev for it including whats impossible as I'm above what others conform to

If you've any development talent you should help fix the camera in cm9, so we can get cm10 started. :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones