• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best place for Tasker tutorials

jaybo1973

Android Expert
Aug 27, 2010
Nottinghamshire
Hi all

I have finally decided to have a look at what tasker is all about. Been having a play and mastered some basic stuff like switching WiFi on and off at certain times. I'm sure there are some great help pages out there. Can anyone link me to some of the better ones? Most seen to start quite deep with actual programming. Cheers guys.

Just look through the pages recommended in the above posts. Your goal is just to understand how the different profiles created function. Once you get an idea for the basic tools of Tasker (Contexts/Start Tasks/End Tasks/Variables), just sit down and think for a while.

I believe nearly everyone that uses Tasker has completely unique profiles that would only make sense or benefit them. Those profiles are usually the BEST parts about the app....and unfortunately are not shared with people because they are so personalized to the individual. You get those awesome ideas for a really cool profile after you understand the basics of Tasker...also helps if you have somewhat of a logic/math/programmer oriented mindset.

Reactions: jaybo1973
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones