Best place to ask Verizon questionsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. dm33

dm33 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Whats the best website to ask Verizon questions?

I have a Verizon question for when I purchase the Incredible, but its not unique to Android.

I'd like to buy the Incredible on a new 2yr commitment, but use a cheap Verizon phone that I buy and put it on a family plan with the Incredible. I'd like the Incredible to have a 2yr commitment and the second line to be month to month. Can you have a family plan where each line has a different commitment?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Sailingmaster

Sailingmaster Well-Known Member

Okay, assuming you have an older Verizon phone and do not currently have service with Verizon, and want to set up a family share plan with the Incredible on another line, you can do exactly what you want.

When you go to purchase your Incredible, tell them you also want to add another line using your own equipment. You won't be tied to a contract on the 2nd line, just with the line that has the Incredible. Also make sure that the store rep knows you're wanting the two lines to be together on a family share, don't imply it, state it outright. (No offense intended towards any store reps that may read this, just seen too many accounts where a store rep needing the commission would do both as singles since the customer didn't "tell" him to put them on a family share.)

3. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

Yes, you may. On my family plan I'm month-to-month (my 2 years has been met), two of my friends (Droids) are 2-year, and two of my other friends (Droids as well) are 1-year.

4. Teibidh

Teibidh Well-Known Member

Each mobile phone number with Verizon Wireless (and most carriers) has its own unique contract dates. The only time Verizon Wireless requires a contract extension is when you're receiving an equipment subsidy or if you choose to accept a bonus minute offer.

5. droidINCREDIBLE

droidINCREDIBLE Active Member

If you provide you own equipment, there is no contract extension.
    The only time you extend your contract is if you purchase the device at 1/3 of the retail price.
    thats all that there's to it.