• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best place to buy a droid?

So i had the droid at one point but had to send him back due to lack of funds at the time. Now i am ready and willing to give a new subsidized droid a new home.

my plan is to buy the droid now so when the X drops, i can trade in my droid with the 30 day exchange. where is teh best place to buy one(aka the cheapest?)

I know amazon has them for a penny right now but they wont let you exchange headsets, i would have to cancel my line and start a new one. that would kill me in proration. letstalk.com is sold out. anyone know how much they are going for at walmart? they are 99 bucks at bestbuy online.

I got my Droid 4 months ago from a best buy and they price matched wal-marts price. It was only a $30 difference though. Don't know how'd they be about $50. Just thought I'd pass it along. For me it was a great experience because I bought it at 11 am and they spent 45 minutes just walking me through the phone. The first thing they did was update it to 2.1-1. Just great. The Droid is my first smart phone and I love it. Still haven't rooted though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Please read the OP. Pricing isn't his only concern. The exchange is as well. I'd suspect that any reseller is going to be difficult to deal with. Just be aware of VZW's restock fee.

Any reason you're not just waiting? Seems like more trouble than it's worth. And you can probably get better pricing through a reseller.

Upvote 0
You may be able to get it cheaper elsewhere, but I'd still buy from Verizon. You'll have 30 days worry free so you can return for any reason in those days. And you also get a 1 year manufacturer warranty. And insurance. And you never know when you may need 1 or all 3 of those.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones