• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best place to purchase?

idk if best buy can do 1 year contracts but im not sure i know i had an issue trying to help a friend upgrade her phone at best buy because she was only up for a early upgrade not a full upgrade and they said they couldnt do it.

hmmm, i was going to do it online but then i have to do mail in rebait, maybe i should just suck it up and go for 2 year and get best price at least.

Upvote 0
This looks to have changed. I went to verizonwireless.com and they all say $100 mailin rebate now instead of instant rebate.

yep, customer service was wrong, i guess i might as well get it from best buy then and get the rebate immediately, just have to do 2 year contract,

also now seeing this HTC Merge which looks pretty cool. maybe i should just wait it out a bit and see what phones are released before xmas.... :D

Upvote 0
very lame, i hate mail in rebates, if i am locking in a 2 year contract just give me the price i deserve. mail in rebates are such a cheezy sales tactic.

Yep. However, statistically most people never send in the rebate and Verizon (or whoever is offering a rebate) gets to keep the money. If they issue it immediately of course they loose it. Smart on their part. Sucks on ours...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones