1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Best podcast app?

1. dalesponyrider

dalesponyrider Well-Known Member

Which podcast app do you guys recommend for someone living in the uk who listens to Radio Four a lot? I have used Google Listen since I possessed my Android phone but just wondered if there was something better out there now that Listen has been discontinued.

Advertisement
  2. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

psionandy likes this.
  3. psionandy

psionandy Well-Known Member

I suspect that its only compatible with Samsung phones though...
    VLC player will play your media files at higher speeds once you've downloaded them (either on your PC or via another android podcatcher... )

So any feedback about good android podcast software greatly appreciated.
  4. Methos1979

Methos1979 Well-Known Member

Stitcher is pretty good.
  5. yabadabadoo

yabadabadoo Active Member

Podcast Addict.
  6. maroonrobot

maroonrobot New Member

I've been very happy with Pocket Cast. They continue to improve the app and I find it does everything I want it to.

It's easy to search and add podcasts.
    When streaming, the app starts a few seconds earlier than when you left off. I love that feature.
    You can customize the rewind and fast forward second intervals for easy FF and RW.
    The interface is visual and easy to use.

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Jason
  7. psionandy

psionandy Well-Known Member

Just re-read the first sentence of your post.. and wondered if you've tried Radio Downloader

Its a PC app that will download virtually everything from 4 and 4 extra (and the rest of the BBC radio stuff) and saves it as an mp3 file. I use this on my PC, copy the files over to my phone, and play back using VLC Player, that plays it back at a faster speed without making it sound like a chipmunk.

Not technically a podcast... but it works with all of the programs they aren't podcasting either.
  8. jeremys

jeremys Member

I've been happy with ACast for my podcast listening needs. I'm not sure if it's still being supported but it does allow for variable speed playback on most downloaded podcasts. I have the paid version but I believe the only difference is it's ad free.
  9. droid416

droid416 Well-Known Member

My favourite is PodKicker.