Best power management app?

1. Kenneth196

Kenneth196 Well-Known Member

This question should have went to the android apps forum, but everyone here are so helpful and since every phone is different, I figure I should ask here instead. I just got the evo shift (and loving it) and I've always used power manager pro to control my phone's actions when it goes on the charger, taken off, and when the battery hits a certain percentage, etc.. as well as easy access to toggle wifi, bluetooth, etc.

I feel a little outdated however and I know there are newer management apps, with one coming to mind: juice defender. Is this similar/better than power manager? Just need some opinions and info about if the app works well on the evo shift. Thanks!!

Advertisement
    :
  2. edp

edp Well-Known Member

Juice defender works great for me and has given me a lot more battery life. Basically what it does is toggle your data when your screen is off. There are other settings you can mess with but I just leave it on the default and it works great for me
    Kenneth196 likes this.
  3. Avivator

Avivator Member

Was using Juice defender and seen some improvement, yet would cut connection if I was downloading / updating apps.. now using Green power battery saver. Works, although it doesn't seem as much as JD.
    Kenneth196 likes this.
  4. kjjm

kjjm Member

Green Power's been working well for me. Haven't tried Juice defender (yet).
  5. brissmith

brissmith New Member

I noticed Juice defender required access to the personal log in permissions. This seems unusual for a power manager. This helped with my decision.
  6. sig sauer

sig sauer Well-Known Member

Green Power. Its smaller & less intrusive than JD.