Best program for yahoo messenger?

Last Updated:

1. Sim-X

Sim-X Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Surprised the phone doesn't have built in IM but I have tried a couple ebuddy and nimbuzz I think. Anyway I am looking for just a good client for yahoo messenger. I would like to be able to sign in as invisible and also have the option to switch to invisible once online. I have yet to find these features which I would think would be pretty standard.

Any recommendations?

Oh yea, was also looking for a program that would support webcam to a computer from the phone if that is even out there.

Advertisement
  2. Selfdestruct

Selfdestruct Well-Known Member

try

Fring

or Meebo

i dont think either have yahoo cam capabilities.. tho fring does have video chat , i think you need a fring s/n to access the video chat capability not sure tho

3. swankydank2001

swankydank2001 Well-Known Member

i do have the stock IM...if u would like... PM me ur email and ill send it to u... u might like that better. Doesnt have cam access

4. shamim316

shamim316 Member

I have been using Meebo and it is very good. I love the feature for IMing Yahoo and AIM friends from the same application. Interface is not bad either.

5. NSXLA

NSXLA Well-Known Member

All programs basically suck, don't know why they Yahoo wont release a Yahoo app for android, going on the site Yahoo.come and choosing messenger takes away the predictive text.... TERRIBLE

Meebo if you have too. =]

6. Selfdestruct

Selfdestruct Well-Known Member

but also note: any IM program drinks your battery, i noticed my battery life drastically increase by actively signing out of gtalk / meebo / fring (i use to let them all idle in background NOT GOOD! haha)

so if you dont need your IM on -- dont have it on

be sure to officially "Sign out" if you not gonna be using it

7. Furtwangler

Furtwangler Active Member

I use Fring. You need skype, or a Fring ID to use video chat. It doesn't work with the other clients that Fring manages.

8. Sim-X

Sim-X Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the suggestions guys, Meebo seems ok. You can't sign in invisible but u can change to invisible at least. Interface is very simple which is all I really need. I tried using yahoo on fring but didn't care 2 much for it. Prob stick with Meebo for now since it is the only one I have tried that does invisible.

SwankyDank, how would u get a stock one? Wouldn't I already have one if it was a stock version? I have heard of stock versions on other android phones but have never actually tried or seen a stock version.

9. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Nimbuz > Meebo.

Also, gtalk has Push notification.

10. cyberkamote

cyberkamote Well-Known Member

i dont know if anyone noticed but the Yahoo Messenger (official) app for Android is a bit sluggish at times specially when switching between connections WiFi <--> 3g..or just generally sluggish..im still looking for a faster client..