best racer for android?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by redraptor, Nov 11, 2010.

1. redraptor

redraptor Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2010
    "Fish dude" at PetSmart, Best Buy Mobile Sales Ass
    Much too far from the waves
    Hey guys. Well I have been searching for a decent game on android and nothing really appealed to me. But I'm a big car Guy so I figured a racer would be great. Although I would like something a bit more on the realistic side. Real cars, customization, manual transmision, you know. The works. Is there anythibg like that available. I have the need for speed shift demo and it was pretty decent but I'm unsure how much of what I said is actually in there. So what's the best racer on android and what makes it so great?!

Advertisement
  2. hyperlite456

hyperlite456 Member

Jul 31, 2010
    I personally love raging thunder and/or raging thunder 2. Both have different cars to choose from and earn, several race tracks, various game modes including online multiplayer, and high quality graphics. They cost a few bucks, but try it out!!

3. Vanquished

Vanquished Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Male
    Student
    USA
    Raging Thunder 1/2 are both pretty good. Asphalt 5 is decent too. I've only tried the trial versions of them, most seem to lean towards Raging Thunder.

Need For Speed is supposedly a direct port from the PC/Console game, so I'd assume you can do just as much customizing with the mobile version. There aren't nearly as many cars and tracks though, so custimzation could have limited cars parts.

4. DroidGames

DroidGames Active Member

Asphalt 5 HD looks stunning, but it's not as realistic as you would like it to be, but worth giving it a try, especially since it comes with free version.
    Note that you need a high-end device to play it, like HTC desire, moto Droid, nexus one, Galaxy S line etc.

5. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Washington, D.C.
    Based on your requirements, I would recommend Raging Thunder 2. Lots of tracks, several different customizable cars, and some of the best graphics on the platform.

HOWEVER, the game is more arcade than realistic, the cars are fictitious, the level of customization is limited, and I don't think it offers a manual option. It sounds like you are looking for a Gran Torismo type of game, and Android (to my knowledge) doesn't offer anything that realistic. If Need for Speed: Shift didn't satisfy you, then Raging Thunder 2 might not either.

That said, I personally enjoy Raging Thunder 2 when I need my racing fix. Honorable mention: Reckless Racing (great graphics, fun multiplayer, but fake cars and zero customization).