Best radio for LeeDroid 2.2f

Last Updated:

1. cable_guy

cable_guy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

With your kind help i've recently rooted and upgraded to LeeDroid 2.2f.

One of my main reasons for rooting was to hopefully gain better battery life. Could anyone advise me on what the best radio is to try with my Leedroid 2.2f ROM?

My phone came from T-Mobile UK and as far as I can see isn't branded in anyway if that helps?

thanks

Advertisement
  2. anujvir

anujvir Member

cable_guy likes this.
  3. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

radio is pretty much a placebo when dealing with stock roms
    dont mess about with them unless there is an "actual" need
    im not sure whether you are aware but radio flashing is one of the more risky proceedures next to s-off. a failure of radio flash can in many cases be a full brick.
    only do so if recommended, needed by the rom you are using.

when you 1st flash a custom rom the battery will be pants from the 1st few boots, afterwards (24hrs) it should stabilise and youll get the true performance

cable_guy likes this.
  4. InfernalByte

InfernalByte Well-Known Member

The latest radio isn't always the best radio for you, I have read many accounts that the .27 you have is a bit power hungry with the Leedroid and wasn't the one recomemded for it on the mini site! Unless things have changed! As Rastaman says flashing a radio is more risky, it might be better to sit tight and see if you can live with it.

5. anujvir

anujvir Member

Hey..
    When you flash some ROMs they tell you to update your radios. I just updated because i was having little problems with Edge/GPRS. Although i can not say that things have not improved, but they certainly have not gone worse.
    No, i did not find this power hungry. I can't tell if it is better than the stock Radio, bu i last charged my hone at 12 in the morning and it is about 10:30 in the night right now.
    I guess the reviews you read were more influenced by personal instances.
    I think that the things that regard the ROMs and Radios are a bit unexplainable. You will have to try it to believe it.

6. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

kinda

most roms dont tell you what radio to flash, only ones like cm etc which need certain radios for the camera to work etc etc.

they usually just link you to a bunch of radios or the latest one for convenience.