1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Best Remote Control App?

Last Updated:

1. kmoon89

kmoon89 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I purchased the Xtralogic Remote Desktop app from the market today for $20, and it's a bit disappointing. It's quite laggy and buggy, and for that price...I'd expect just a teeny bit better. It's a fun app, but it's just not very functional, for me at least.

Anywho, my question is: Is there a better remote desktop app out there? A free one for rooted phones? A similarly priced, but better running app? I don't mind the price so long as it is justified.

Advertisement
  2. One Beast

One Beast Well-Known Member

3. Cobravision

Cobravision Well-Known Member

I use WYZE pocket cloud. It's free and full featured, and let's me run a full screen desktop. Still without a hard keyboard, it's quite fiddly, but it sounds better than what you've been using.

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Hmm, i have the xtralogic remote desktop app too, and it works fine for me. What kind of internet connection do you have on the computer?

5. Cobravision

Cobravision Well-Known Member

I'd love to try out Phone My PC, but they don't offer a free trial version. One thing about Pocket Cloud is that RDP allows you to set a virtual desktop resolution. Phone My PC kind of looks like PC Anywhere in that you're locked into the desktop resolution.

6. Vincent Law

Vincent Law Well-Known Member

The already mentioned Remote Desktop app is by far the best performing app available.

You have to realize that you're not going to get 100% live speeds like you're sitting at the PC. Even over wi-fi, you will struggle. It's just far too much data.

That said, RDP (Remote Desktop protocol) is the best, because unlike VNC and similar, it has lower level integration with Windows to only transmit what portions of the screen changes, and can accelerate those significantly. It also supports any resolution, allowing you to make it fit the device's screen.

7. Comfortably_numb

Comfortably_numb New Member

Wyse looks really sweet but its not compatible with windows 7 home edition. Guess i'll have to upgrade.

8. Doomstang

Doomstang Well-Known Member

9. ticaren

ticaren New Member

I installed the RDP (Remote Desktop protocol) and it turn off my wifi permanently. not even uninstalling works