Best Remote Desktop App?

1. Ganyard16

Ganyard16 Member

Hi all,

Is there a really good remote desktop app for Droid 2.2? I wanna be able to access files from my home PC (music, movies, etc...)

Is there an app for that??

thanks

Advertisement
  2. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

LogMeIn. Its $30 only for hte mobile app. You install it on all computers (no linux yet) and can control them from the web all for free. Doing it on your phone is the only thing you have to pay for, which IMO is worth it.
  3. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

I use PhoneMyPC. Cheaper than LogMeIn but does the same stuff and they are working on streaming audio if your phone is on WiFi.
  4. lowboydrvr

lowboydrvr Well-Known Member

I use PhoneMyPC as well.....simple and cheap. Also supports multiple screens (my desktop has two and I can access them both)!
  5. Stupifier

Stupifier Well-Known Member

I actually prefer using EventGhost. It is not a Remote Desktop app really...but it is far more efficient. It allows you to open/maximize/navigate/pause/etc....virtually anything programmable. You can even run scripts (python). Best part.....each action can be placed as a shortcut on your phone's homescreen for extremely FAST execution. I don't even need to open the app anymore.

In the remote desktop app world....you always have to clunk n click through screens showing your computer's screencaps. If you do not need any visual feedback to accomplish what you want....then why waste all that time staring and moving that simulated mouse around
  6. danielzink

danielzink Active Member

If you're acessing through an ip. I've ben using Remote RDP Life and it works great.

Just my .02

Dan
  7. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

Hmm, again I used LogMeIn and just checked out PhoneMyPC. However, what about something that works for Linux machines? I'm running Ubuntu (either Lynx or Meerkat, forgot if i updated or not)
  8. danoack

danoack Member

What you actually PAY for apps?

I use Android VNC for FREE! It works great.
  9. bynge

bynge Member

Does any Remote Desktop Client work on 2G network ?. If not then on 3G ?.

My aim would be to use it while travelling.
    How slow would it be ?.
  10. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

LogMeIn would be a good one to use, however there is a big price to it.
  11. KenG10

KenG10 Well-Known Member

I didn't want to deal with any VPN, IP Address changing, port forwarding, nonsense etc etc so I went with Logmein Ignition. (Company bought it for me.) It works flawlessly.
  12. tamanaco

tamanaco Well-Known Member

I use TeamViewer 6 Free for non-commercial use.
  13. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

Do NOT buy PhoneMyPC! The dev was promising sound to be implemented for over a year. Now the promises have ceased, and all of us that bought it relying on his lies are now left with a half-functioning app with no sound. Don't buy it, no matter the price. You will be disappointed if you do.

Again, PhoneMyPC only works half the time, AND it doesn't have sound. Get something that works, and don't fall for it like we did.
  14. AGVirt

AGVirt New Member

You can try Ericom AccessToGo, a free RDP client for Android, iPad and iPhone devices. If you also want to speed up RDP, you can use AccessToGo with Ericom's Blaze server (a commercial, not free product). That makes AccessToGo the fastest RDP client for mobile devices for working with graphic applications over a remote connection.

For more information about AccessToGo, visit:
    http://www.ericom.com/AccessToGo