1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Best Remote Log In app for PC

Last Updated:

1. NOLA_Droid

NOLA_Droid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is anyone using the LogMeIn app, or a similar app. Not sure which one to use, and the $30.00 price tag for LogMeIn is a bit steep. Would like to hear some feedback on similar apps, and how well they function. Any information would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. gab1127

gab1127 Member

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I use Gmote. I use it for my media center computer. I can log into my computer and also use my Dinc as a keyboard and mouse.

3. NOLA_Droid

Not quite, but thanks for trying to help. I use Gmote and love it, but the LogMeIn app allows remote access, from basically anywhere, to all of the files on your home computer. It is just a bit expensive though. I'm looking for something similar, at a lower price.

4. clipperqb

clipperqb Well-Known Member

I used logmein during beta. Never got around to buying it. Bought PhoneMyPC last week for $10. So far liking it better.

NOLA_Droid likes this.
  5. NOLA_Droid

Thanks clipperqb, I will definitely give it a look.

6. jfootman02

jfootman02 New Member

I second the LogMeIn app. Been using for about 4 months to log into my office computer. Definitely worth the investment. Only complaints I've heard are no streaming sound for those who are wanting to watch Netflix. That and there were quite a few updates initially both on handsets and remote computers but now just occasional updates on the phone. Also allows remote login as well.

Hope you find what you're looking for!

NOLA_Droid likes this.
  7. sitlet

sitlet Banned

I use Logmein, phonemypc, and remote desktop. Any questions, ask away...

NOLA_Droid likes this.
  8. bbrosen

bbrosen Well-Known Member

I use remote vnc pro to get to my desktop, I also have an ftp server setup to up/download files quickly. Sure was a pain in the a@@ to get wol lan to work on my home pc, finally had to load ddwrt firmware on my linksys 610n v3 to get that feature to work. Im very surprised to see it not implemented on consumer grade routers. especially in this day and age, what with the green movement as well as more of the population needing or wanting access to their home pc. But compared to the old way of rooting the cdma hero, it was a breeze...lol

I use the andftp app for the ftp server/client

9. thomasanderson

thomasanderson Well-Known Member

+1 for PhoneMypc. I've had it for a few months now on my Evo and I luv it!

10. sonesh

sonesh Well-Known Member

I've been using PocketCloud. The free version is restricted to connecting to only 1 PC, but this is enough for me.

I've not tried it yet, but I'm pretty sure you can just edit the 1 profile with different PC names/IP addresses, to connect to multiple computers, without having to purchase

11. shadowy

shadowy Active Member

Another vote for PhoneMyPC, works perfectly.

12. curtelgin

curtelgin New Member

Which would you recommend for complete access to home PC incl sound for movies?
    Thanks

13. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

I bought phonemypc but have switched to the teamviewer beta since thats what i use between my desktops for remote access.

14. Rokcet Scientist

Rokcet Scientist Banned

Teamviewer today released their free-for-personal-use Teamviewer App for Android (Beta; click "Mobile" to download).

Install it on your Android phone, and the appropriate server software on your PC or Mac (or anybody else's PC or Mac; click "Windows", "Mac", or "Linux" to download), start up both, exchange ID and password, and you can remotely operate that PC or Mac, from your Android phone.

Ideal for 24/7 access to (the power and the storage of) your own computer at home, wherever you are (not necessarily via Wi-Fi!), without having to schlep around a laptop or a tablet. Or to help someone else with computer problems: you can instantly take over their desktop, while they can see what is happening on their own screen.

Its speed depends on your connections. Wi-Fi is (obviously) fastest.

The screen real estate on a phone sucks of course. So you won't suddenly be doing any heavy desktop work on your phone. But Teamviewer is an ideal backstop, imo.

NOLA_Droid likes this.
  15. NOLA_Droid

What server software are you using/required for Teamviewer to function?

EDIT: NVM just saw it.

Just installed on the Incredible, and installed the desktop client. No configuration whatsoever. It just works. Did not have to adjust the port configuration, or firewall settings. Simple, free, and easy to use. Perfect, and thanks for the recommendation.

16. Rokcet Scientist

Rokcet Scientist Banned

17. ILikePeeps

ILikePeeps Member

The teamviewer works great! Might come in handy :p. The trial/beta or w/e ends on Jan 31st though? Hrm, if it's going to cost money for a non-beta/trial, ideas as to the cost?

18. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

I believe they have stated for personal use it will be free.

19. douglascm

douglascm New Member

Be careful with PhoneMyPC PC software.

Software: PhoneMyPC PC software 32bit version 2.0.2.2

I was looking for a remote desktop app that can pass through NAT network, when I have no rights to configure port mapping.
    Just tried PhoneMyPC and uninstalled the PC software. I found that I cannot connect to L2TP VPN on my desktop anymore! error code 789. After system restore I managed to roll back and able to connect to that L2TP VPN again.
    I tried it on two desktops, same problem.

I am going to try TeamViewer or Logmein.

20. ForeverNewb

ForeverNewb Well-Known Member

TeamViewer is amazing i found it about a mont ago totally switched all my RDP usage over to it. I haven't used LogMeIn mainly because it is way over priced. And I've only heard bad things about PhoneMyPC so I second the avoid at all costs.

21. calbearz24

calbearz24 Active Member

Is Team Viewer available on Android Market? I searched for "team viewer" and "teamviewer" but came up empty. Thanks!