Best ROM for 2.1

Last Updated:

1. birthofahero

birthofahero Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What is the best ROM for 2.1? I rooted using unrevoked with Clockwork. I dont want to go to 2.2, Id rather wait for the official ota.

Advertisement
  2. bisbers

bisbers Well-Known Member

You are going to find your 2.1 ROM options to be a bit limited, especially when it comes to getting help. I don't know if anyone is still maintaining a 2.1 rom, as the 2.2 ones are pretty mature (fast + stable). And you can revert back to stock hboot, radio, and rom in the future, so the risk becomes pretty low.

3. birthofahero

I flashed cm6 and it says I have 2.2 but I havent updated the radio yet, is this a bad thing? Also, I cant see any of my music. Its there because when I push play my music plays, I just cant see it in the app. I noticed that in astro there are 400kb "duplicates" of every song in their respective folders. If that makes sense. Anyone know what might be going on? I NEED to be able to listen to music for my schooling.

EDIT: Fixed music problem. In Settings > Cyanogenmod Settings > Input Settings there is a setting called "lockscreen music controls" (pretty self explanatory) I clicked that and it made my music bug out like that. Im thinking its cuz I have lockscreen controls enabled on 3 (app) itself and they were conflicting. Hopefully that helps anyone experiencing the same problem.

Id still like to know about upgrading the radio. Without unrooting and rerooting (if possible).

4. bisbers

bisbers Well-Known Member

If you don't want to commit to s-off, you will need to unroot stuff to flash the 2.0.5.

i would just go unrevoked forever, but it is a personal decsion.

5. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

I use s-off,, and run 2.2 roms with the stock radio. 1.x, I have no problems, and i dont use camcorder s its worth it to me.

6. birthofahero

My only thing is, although I may never unroot, I would like to have that safety net. Am I overreacting? Im loving all these roms as I have never even experimented with root before, Im just a little nervous being new to this and all. Whats the difference between the 2.0.5 and the 2.1.5 radio?