Best ROM For Actually Making Calls???!!

Last Updated:

1. noobie

noobie Member This Topic's Starter

Which ROM is best for using the actual call function of the phone?? I'm looking to root but want to make sure that the ROM I use has a functional dialer.

Advertisement
  2. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

3. CrazyKnight128

CrazyKnight128 Well-Known Member

4. LED

LED Well-Known Member

I'm now using xtrROM + Launcher Pro Plus. Everything is very smooth and snappy. Thought I would never move away from stock HTC. This ROM did it for me.

5. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Well-Known Member

I like CM ErisLightningBolt, but it's practically the same thing as White Widow.

6. lennyjew

lennyjew Well-Known Member

7. EricB

EricB Well-Known Member

I'm having great success with KaosFroyo, and I LOVE the fact that the dialer doesn't save the previously called number on the main screen. I can't tell you how many accidental calls I made because of this "feature". With KFC, the dialer is actually functional and works very fast, as well as easy to use. I went through several rom's before going to KFC, and for me it's the best.

8. grvthang

grvthang Well-Known Member

You mean these things can make calls??!?

9. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

Some of them. On good days.

10. bigdroidian

bigdroidian New Member

I had the same problem making accidental calls from the dialer screen. Makes you wonder if the guys who wrote the software actually ever used it on a phone or just a phone simulator. Anyway, I installed "Call Confirm" and my accidental dials when to zero. A little annoying to use at first (you will forget to confirm the dial) buy it's great once you get used to it.

11. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

I'm actually confused how people can accidentally dial someone with this phone. Its not like it can dial numbers from the lock screen....

12. EricB

EricB Well-Known Member

After being a BIG fan of Sense and not wanting to use anything else, I was real hesitant to go to a non-Sense rom at first. But, I figured I'd try some and see what I'm missing. After going with KaosFroyo for about a week I can safely say that there's nothing that Sense offers that I truly miss. And yes, it makes you wonder if the guy who designed the Sense dialer actually made any calls with it. But, I can honestly say I won't be going back with a Sense-based rom anytime soon.

13. EricB

EricB Well-Known Member

It's really easy when the phone freezes after a call and you try to back out of it, only to find you've accidentally hit the call button again, which in Sense calls that last person dialed/received. I did it so many times I lost count, then I'd have people asking me, "did you just try to call me back?" "No, my phone's being a ****."

After root and a non-Sense based rom, it's a non-issue.

14. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Ok then. My phone(s) have always been very well behaved when it comes to phone calls. Even before I rooted. When I ended the call, it beeps and then ended immediately. I didn't even know it was possible to do it accidentally like you listed above, unless you weren't paying attention.

15. EricB

EricB Well-Known Member

Mine did that too for a while, but occasionally, and usually at the worst possible time, it would act up and call people back. Very annoying!

16. shaggylouie

shaggylouie Well-Known Member

I was running xtrROM 3.03 and was experiencing the 50% and silent bug. I never had either of these bugs like i did with xtr (unfortunate, b/c xtr was very smooth and fast).

I am now on Plain Jane 2T 2.0. Hopefully I'll actually hear my calls coming in now. Anyone else notice the silent bug on the ROMs?

17. LED

LED Well-Known Member

I'm with you bro... thought I would not move away from stock. Now, I'm running xtrROM + LauncherPro Plus. I love this setup. Super fast and smooth. Encountered one issue with JIT but I can work around it.

18. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I use XTR3.03 (with Launcher Pro) and haven't had the silent bug. It's probably worth noting that I never had the silent bug on 1.5 or any of the leaks either.

19. EricB

EricB Well-Known Member

I tried xtrROM as well, but I'm stuck on Froyo. Of course, I said the same thing about Sense, so that may change at any given moment. I haven't encountered any issues that wasn't user related so far, knock on wood..