Best ROM for Cliq?

1. alexpatterson

alexpatterson Member

I just rooted my Cliq, and I was wondering what some people's favorite custom ROM was to have. I am currently using Eclair2Cliq, and it is pretty good, but the lack of camera is kind of an issue for me. Anyone know any good ones?

Advertisement
  2. Scientific

Scientific Member

This ROM is nice:

[ROM][7/11/10] OpenCliq v2.5 + GUI

But you're not going to find a 2.1 ROM that has a working camera until Motorola releases their update...and who knows when that will be.
  3. TopShelf10

TopShelf10 Well-Known Member

Im holding off on 2.1 until a stable ROM is released. I prefer performance over 2.1, i personally dont see what all the hype is about 2.1 anyway, i have experience with it and its not as great as everyone is making it out to be. give me froyo, then we'll talk haha

Handler's ROMs are good.
  4. NemesisProject

NemesisProject New Member

Ok I just rooted my motorola cliq.I updated to 2.1.5 eclair before i rooted. My question is whats a good rom. Im new at this so i need info on how to flash roms also. thanx
  5. CliqMoto

CliqMoto New Member

do you guys know how to go back to normal motoblur?
  6. rachelm920

rachelm920 Active Member

There's lots of ROMs here
    Motorola Cliq Roms

Most of them have motoblur on them...
    I actually prefer it without motoblur. It sped up my phone unbelievably!!

@NemesisProject, it really depends on what you are looking for in a ROM... I've learned a lot over on M3.
  7. Ice9

Ice9 New Member

rachelm920 which ROM would you recommend to increase speed/performance? It would be a plus if it also got rid of MotoBlur.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
  8. 1JOD

1JOD Active Member

I use cm4morrison beta 3 just google it or use the link above. Itss based off of cm6 and its fast with no blur. Make sure you get beta 3 if you want a working camera. The only draw back is that you can't record video and sometimes speaker phone does not work. I use it daily.

Edit: I just found this CM7 (http://www.simply-android.com/discussion/1150/rom-cm4morrison-2.3-rev.-2-cyanogenmod-7-220411)

It even says that the fm radio works. I have not tried this one but i am going to flash tonight.
  9. rachelm920

rachelm920 Active Member

I was using ja$$ycliq chocolate & vanilla, but I've been having issues lately, phone keeps randomly rebooting. I'm actually flashing to cm7 right now
  10. khabin

khabin New Member

Great rom, I tested on my CLIQ MB200, everything is working good
  11. johndickson

johndickson New Member

Good morning! First attempt to install a rom. Used Cyanogen 6.2. Appears to be stuck in opening screen. Tried recovery mode, no luck. Any suggestions?
  12. 1JOD

1JOD Active Member

Go into recovery WIPE everything (factory reset) then re-flash .zip file from your sd card. If that doesn't work the file you are trying to flash might be corrupted. Download it again and wipe then flash.

Where did you get Cyanogen 6.2?
  13. 1JOD

1JOD Active Member