• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

best ROM for Hero these days (the last days)?

mrtimo

Dec 22, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
So I am looking for a stable rom which I can install on my non-techie siblings phones.

The latest AOSP ROM (from AOSP on XDA) seems to be stable, as well as CM 7.1RC, the .35 kernel is nice but it seems to break GPS and sometimes camera...

Any recommendations for a stable ROM out there? Stable for me means: GPS works most of the time, camera, and sprint VVM.

Are there any kernels besides .35 which are stable and an improvement over cooked in kernels?

So I am looking for a stable rom which I can install on my non-techie siblings phones.

The latest AOSP ROM (from AOSP on XDA) seems to be stable, as well as CM 7.1RC, the .35 kernel is nice but it seems to break GPS and sometimes camera...

Any recommendations for a stable ROM out there? Stable for me means: GPS works most of the time, camera, and sprint VVM.

Are there any kernels besides .35 which are stable and an improvement over cooked in kernels?

The Wild Hero rom seems to be pretty stable [ROM][Sense 2.3.3] WildHeroc RC2.1 [8-28-11] - xda-developers

Not sure if you want sense or not but..........:)

Upvote 0
Do you guys not get navigation freezes/lockups?

I have been on Cyanogen 7 for a while, but navigation is horrible.

If your nav is working great please chime in with what rom your hero is on.

I never had an issue with Google Navigation on CM7 on my Sprint HTC Hero. I was also one of the lucky ones that never had issues with it locking up on the old AOSP Android 2.3 ROMs either though.

Try flashing the latest nightly and see if that helps with your issue. If not, try wiping cache and Dalvik cache as that can clear up some intermittent issues with apps sometimes.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones