• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Best ROM For Nexus One

there really isn't anything that doesn't work on it that I know of. it is pretty stable. It lags on me sometimes. I don't know if it just my phone. works pretty good. I thing the cyanogen ROM is more stable. If you like to take pictures the camera app has way more settings. Has a lot of HTC widgets. I can use it fore daily use. still pretty fast. not as stable as cyanogen but not unusable. I tried the nexdesire ROM and it was horribly unstable. couldn't even use Google maps. the desire ROM is not like that at all. I enjoy using it. it works fine.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
if you guys want to try other roms, just do a nandroid backup and just install other roms

here's a great place to get the best roms: Roms, Kernels, & Radios

currently, i'm using Enomther's 1.9.2; it's very stable and battery life is better than Cyanogen's; it was just released this past Saturday; the best part of his rom is the custom Spare Parts; it has many features that you can add just by simple tap

Upvote 0
if you guys want to try other roms, just do a nandroid backup and just install other roms

here's a great place to get the best roms: Roms, Kernels, & Radios

currently, i'm using Enomther's 1.9.2; it's very stable and battery life is better than Cyanogen's; it was just released this past Saturday; the best part of his rom is the custom Spare Parts; it has many features that you can add just by simple tap

this is off topic but what exactly does a nandroid backup do?

Upvote 0
this is off topic but what exactly does a nandroid backup do?

If you rooted and installed custom recovery image, then you need to go into recovery and there's options such as: partition, wipe, flash from sd, backup/restore

Nandroid backup will create an image of you rom and save to your sd. So, you can restore your phone back to your current rom along with all settings and apps. Pretty much it creates an image of your phone.

Upvote 0
Installed Enomther's ROM and it is really good. It is very fast. Not many bugs. Spare Parts as a ton of options. You can even boost your 3G speeds. The speed of mine doubled! Boot time is way faster than the desire rom. hitting about 1900-2000kbps. seems pretty stable. over all a good rom!

+1 on this .. i've been using enom's rom since 1.8.1 came out, with manups nextheme & goodies. its fast, everything works and my battery life has been amazing

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones