Last Updated:

1. skater95

skater95 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For battery life and speed?

Advertisement
  2. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Such a loaded question

Without a doubt the best combo is the one that suits your needs we're all different :p

In that order? nix's MIUI or Lou's RRR

3. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

Some of these questions are getting boring. So many things affect battery life, and speed can mean a few different things. Additionally, some things have trade-offs. For instance, the roms that get the very fastest benchmark speeds are the vanilla roms, but they are more of a challenge to get EVERYTHING working perfectly. People need to just find the roms that look interesting to them and give them a spin around the block, squeal the tires, etc. and decide for themselves.

4. skater95

skater95 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry guys, i don't wanna try every Rom. I came from the ally which had 1 Rom and 1 kernel so I'm not use to all the options

5. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

No sorries it's all good mate. Is "close to stock froyo" a feature that is important to you? Go Virtuous (sense). It's plenty fast and battery life is very good

Otherwise the 2 I mentioned in my first reply are fun stuff, fast, and both have very good battery life.

6. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would +1 that. And I didn't mean anything derogatory toward the OP. It is just that we get a lot of these threads that are almost like taking a poll but are based on such subjective criteria.

7. biohazard989

biohazard989 Active Member

from my experience the roms that have the best battery life are the roms with the least things running. and having something to auto turn down the processor when the screen is off or the battery gets drained helps a ton from my experience... but with everything you have to choose which one is right for you and deciding what you care about and what you don't care about loosing will help you choose a rom... looking through change logs and features helps with that alot...

8. kevin217

kevin217 Well-Known Member

for me, i found the newguy3 rom with kings kernel #5 to be best. i get in the 1500s with quadrant, it looks and feels awesome, and my battery lasts a full day of use.