• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Best Roms?

a.norton

Dec 5, 2010
i am a new root user and flashed to serendipity just the other day. I like it so far and i have heard from a couple of people that its the best rom out. I want to know what you guys think and more importantly if there are any other roms you guys have tried that you really like.

I've tried Cognition and now Serendipity. I don't see me swapping any time soon, as I have having a great time with Serendipity.

The best answer, though, would be to try a few out and see what YOU think. Each person has their own tastes, and each phone reacts to customs ROMs in their own way. If ya like what you have, then stick with it!

Upvote 0
i am a new root user and flashed to serendipity just the other day. I like it so far and i have heard from a couple of people that its the best rom out. I want to know what you guys think and more importantly if there are any other roms you guys have tried that you really like.

I've only tried Serendipity, but I am perfectly happy with it. The phone is blazing fast with no lag at all. My wife and I both got a Captivate at the same time. Hers is still stock 2.1. I compared hers to mine yesterday and was astounded at how much difference there was between the 2 phones - I had forgotten how slow the stock version was.

I will try hers on the Froyo update from ATT. If it isn't a vast improvement, I'll put Serendipity on her phone too.

Mike

Upvote 0
I like my stuff slightly themed so I've been running RC5.1 for about two weeks now and I love it. Very solid, only problem is my home button flickers randomly like MAD now for no reason (previously it'd only do it once every 3-4 days). RC6 is coming out soon so I look forward to it, perhaps it'll fix the problem because with RC4 I never had a home button flicker issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones