Best router for hero

Last Updated:

1. sootman73

sootman73 New Member This Topic's Starter

Whats the best router to set up my own home wireless network to use with my Hero? my cell signal is not the best in the house and i already have high speed internet for the desktop. Before i start buying routers which ones do you guys prefer?

and when it comes to routers i know nothing about them as i have never had anything that used wifi until now.

Advertisement
  2. nellisere

nellisere Well-Known Member

Do NOT get a zoom x6, i have that router and have not been able to succesfully connect to it via wifi, we also have a Livebox from orange, that works, and a d-link DSL-G604T, that works aswell, also the bt home hub (newest one) works, they are the only ones i have tried

3. TheJock

TheJock Well-Known Member

I have used various netgear DG series routers over the years with various phones currently have a dg834 no problems at all with hero, connects first time everytime and nice and quick. I recommend netgear to anyone who asks me

4. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

I've got a Netgear DG834N, which is a brilliant router, BUT: it doesnt work with my hero if 802.11n is enabled, I have to restrict it to 802.11b/g for the hero to be able to connect to it reliably.

To be fair, i think this more of a failing with the hero and n mode wifi in general, rather than a problem with that specific router - so would still recommend netgear in a second over most other manufacturers. Pain the the bloody arse though.

5. KeithW

KeithW Member

I have a Netgear RangeMax WPN824 V2 at my house and the Hero hooks up to it just fine. It works all over the house. It only goes to G, not N, so can't comment on the Hero with an N router.

-Keith

6. adust

adust Member

I agree with nellisere, my parents have a zoom x6 and that doesn't like the hero!

7. richuu

richuu Member

I had a TalkTalk / Huawei HG520b, which the Hero didn't like at all. I now have a Linksys / Cisco WAG120N, which it works flawlessly with.

8. WP416

WP416 New Member

I have tested Linksys/Cisco WRTxxx series and SMC routers and they have both worked perfectly.

W

9. revel

revel Well-Known Member

I have a Netgear WNR2000 works fine on N.